Thread: CPL's on hold?

Post imported post

Hello everyone.

New to this site, and I'm glad that I found it. Great info that you guys put on here.

My question about CPL is. We were discussing CPL's at work. A few of us want to get ours, and a few already have their's. I was going to wait till after the holidays and one of the guys that has his, said that his instructor told him that there was going to be a hold put on CPL's, stating that there are too many CPL's out there. He had said this was going to take effect in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any info to verify if this is true?

Post imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
    Hello everyone.

New to this site, and I'm glad that I found it. Great info that you guys put on here.

My question about CPL is. We were discussing CPL's at work. A few of us want to get ours, and a few already have their's. I was going to wait till after the holidays and one of the guys that has his, said that his instructor told him that there was going to be a hold put on CPL's, stating that there are too many CPL's out there. He had said this was going to take effect in a couple of weeks.

Hi and welcome . CPL ,RSO.Lifetime NRA and Pro OC ,CC Many rumors no truth .

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
    Hello everyone.

I know of no quota in the law on the number of CPLs that can be issued. I believe that the rumor is unsubstantiated.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
    Hello everyone.

Welcome to OCDO Peacemaker.

Based on info here at OCDO and other gun boards I frequent, there are counties that may take significantly longer than others. IIRC, WayneandMacomb Counties, for example, might take a couple of months to complete the process.

As forthe "...there are too many CPL's out there." comment by the instructor, all I can say is BS. There are only about 200,000 CPL holders for the entire State of Michigan. Wayne, Oakland, Macomb Counties, to name a few, account for a large portion of the 200,000. See CCW Reports on MSP website for further info.

Link: REPORTS

Post imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
    Hello everyone.

My advice would be to seek another instructor than that guy. He is obviously misinformed, if not downright ignorant. Considering that he is an instructor makes him dangerous.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Perhaps he meant there will be a hold put on people who don't have a CPL but qualify for one, as there are not nearly enough gun toting Americans around.

Post imported post

I see you are from MACO as well. I just received my CPL not all that long ago. After you apply they provide you the means to track your status online. The online tracker said it would be about a 3 month wait. It was 35 days start to finish.

Me personally I say "WHY wait"? Get it and be done with it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    I see you are from MACO as well. I just received my CPL not all that long ago. After you apply they provide you the means to track your status online. The online tracker said it would be about a 3 month wait. It was 35 days start to finish.

Me personally I say "WHY wait"? Get it and be done with it.
    I think money was a concern. With the cost of a CPL over $250 I think he wanted to have that money for gifts and the holidays. Just a guess, but that may be why he wanted to wait until after the holidays
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Always busting my chops lately LOL