• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL's on hold?

Peacemaker .45

imported post

Hello everyone.

New to this site, and I'm glad that I found it. Great info that you guys put on here.

My question about CPL is. We were discussing CPL's at work. A few of us want to get ours, and a few already have their's. I was going to wait till after the holidays and one of the guys that has his, said that his instructor told him that there was going to be a hold put on CPL's, stating that there are too many CPL's out there. He had said this was going to take effect in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any info to verify if this is true?

taxwhat

imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
Hello everyone.

New to this site, and I'm glad that I found it. Great info that you guys put on here.

My question about CPL is. We were discussing CPL's at work. A few of us want to get ours, and a few already have their's. I was going to wait till after the holidays and one of the guys that has his, said that his instructor told him that there was going to be a hold put on CPL's, stating that there are too many CPL's out there. He had said this was going to take effect in a couple of weeks.

Hi and welcome . CPL ,RSO.Lifetime NRA and Pro OC ,CC Many rumors no truth .

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I know of no quota in the law on the number of CPLs that can be issued. I believe that the rumor is unsubstantiated.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Welcome to OCDO Peacemaker.

Based on info here at OCDO and other gun boards I frequent, there are counties that may take significantly longer than others. IIRC, WayneandMacomb Counties, for example, might take a couple of months to complete the process.

As forthe "...there are too many CPL's out there." comment by the instructor, all I can say is BS. There are only about 200,000 CPL holders for the entire State of Michigan. Wayne, Oakland, Macomb Counties, to name a few, account for a large portion of the 200,000. See CCW Reports on MSP website for further info.

Link: REPORTS

discerningshootist

imported post

Peacemaker .45 wrote:
Hello everyone.

My advice would be to seek another instructor than that guy. He is obviously misinformed, if not downright ignorant. Considering that he is an instructor makes him dangerous.

warlockmatized

imported post

I see you are from MACO as well. I just received my CPL not all that long ago. After you apply they provide you the means to track your status online. The online tracker said it would be about a 3 month wait. It was 35 days start to finish.

Me personally I say "WHY wait"? Get it and be done with it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
I see you are from MACO as well. I just received my CPL not all that long ago. After you apply they provide you the means to track your status online. The online tracker said it would be about a 3 month wait. It was 35 days start to finish.

Me personally I say "WHY wait"? Get it and be done with it.
I think money was a concern. With the cost of a CPL over $250 I think he wanted to have that money for gifts and the holidays. Just a guess, but that may be why he wanted to wait until after the holidays