• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Southcenter Mall Shooting

jchen012

imported post

I do all my shopping at Bellevue Square, where the city has a memo specifically stating that OC is legal and there are no restrictions at the mall.

tricityguy

imported post

Surely mall management has launched an investigation into how the shooter managed to get past the "No Guns" sign at the entrance? :lol:

When will these idiots learn? Most of the time these shootings take place, they take place in a "gun free zone." :banghead:

bigazn13

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
I do all my shopping at Bellevue Square, where the city has a memo specifically stating that OC is legal and there are no restrictions at the mall.
Sounds like I'll have to start going to Bell-Square more often, even if it is somewhat more expensive.

FMCDH

imported post

Anyone have any idea when the last shooting at Bellevue Square took place?

O Yea! it was September 26th 2000, and the shooting was mostly done by the police after a bank robbery suspect who was trying to hide out in the mall pulled a gun and fired at them.

http://m.kitsapsun.com/news/2000/Oct/26/bellevue-mall-report-police-justified-in/

Seems like Bellevue is doing something right, and they are not a gun free zone???! ;) Amazing!

FMCDH

imported post

Izzle wrote:
Another thing that Mr. Nickles will bring up I'm sure even though it was covered by preemption since I'm sure they serve alcohol.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008426775_webshooting24m.html
That is really interesting. Read the comments for the article and you will notice that only 1 person blamed gun owners for the rash of crimes or for this type of violance in general. Everyone seemed quite conscious of the fact that this is a gang problem and a matter involving criminal carry of firearms. A GREAT sign! :)

DEROS72

imported post

I was reading the article in the PI this morning and I don't remember exactly but it said we need to take a look at gun laws. WHAT??????? How come these people never get it that the ganbangers etc. weren't abiding by any gun laws in the first place.it insinuates that disarming good citizens will solve the problem.What makes them think that they will follow any further restrictions? I can't even get my head around the blatent stupidity of these anti gun kooks.If we follow their thinking should we not take away their cars because somone somewhere killed someone in a car crash????

Anti 2nd Ammendment keep beating that horse................