• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Southcenter Mall Shooting

compmanio365

imported post

TUKWILA - At least two people were hit by gunfire in a shooting Saturday afternoon inside Southcenter Mall as it was filled with pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, witnesses said.

An off-duty sergeant with the Washington State Patrol at the scene said one victim underwent CPR after being hit. Two victims later were rushed by ambulance to the hospital.

Two other people were put in handcuffs by officers at the scene, the trooper said.

Other witnesses told KOMO News they heard at least three shots fired just after 3:30 p.m. in front of the Forever 21 store near the mall's food court.

The gunfire sparked immediate panic, and people started running for the exits.

Police raced to the scene in their patrol cars, lights flashing.

Shoppers are being evacuated from the mall, and officers are trying to determine exactly what happened and whether a shooter remains at large.

More updates will be posted as information becomes available.

Was going to say the same....that no gun policy of theirs sure works wonders don't it.......

just_a_car

imported post

And just think, if they hadn't trespassed our own expvideo for OC'ing, he might have been there to stop this nutcase or maybe even unknowingly dissuade the nutcase from even opening fire.

I hate to say it, but the mall officials have "reaped what they sowed."

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

DEROS72

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
And just think, if they hadn't trespassed our own expvideo for OC'ing, he might have been there to stop this nutcase or maybe even unknowingly dissuade the nutcase from even opening fire.

Ageed Car,How about that gun free zone? An underage kid with a gun that thought he was a bad ass.What if he saw a couple of folks Oc? Would he have been so quick to act.And when he did someone could have put him down.

okkid

imported post

My wife was there today when the shots where fired and seen one of the guys
on the ground and got a few pics of it and sent them to King5 news.

Now she understands even more why I carry all the time.
I know they have a no gun rule thats why I dont go there myself.

Im just happy she was not hit.

holeinhead

imported post

Had to stay at work late since the channel 4 and 7 news choppers are hangered where I work.

So much for that "Gun Free Zone." Hope they catch the guy, and the other wounded guy survives.

MetalChris

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Anyone seen expvid recently? He doing ok?

And about the shooting...yeah that pretty much sucks. I'm numb to this kind of thing now though...

Z06

imported post

Wow, scary. I was at Southcenter at the exact time the shooting took place according to the news article. Thankfully I was across the street at Discount Guns instead of in the mall.

Richard6218

imported post

Ohmygod, here we go again. Moreexcuses for Mayor Fivepennies with his GxxDxxx gun ban.

Why can't these morons just go out behind the woodshed and shoot themselves? It would save a lot of LE time, court time, taxpayer expense to keep them in jail, yadayadayada.....

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was at that mall the day of the shooting with my kid at the playarea. I left that mall at 135pm. I was going to go back around the time of the shooting but I changed my mind, Good thing I did not go!!!When I was at that mall I was CC my XDm with extra clip, and my S&W .357.mag with speed loader because you never know when things like this will happen.

Eventhough my first goal would be to get out of there with my son, I would have been ready if the shooter pointed his gun myway.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Once again gun bans in public places only keep the good honest well minded people without ways to defend themselfs or those around them. As far as i am concerned i dont give a damn about that sign posted.

If they can't provide a solid way to protect me and my family then they have no business telling me i cant carry in there for my own protection.

And this is the reason we do not allow idiot's to make rules or laws.... I think we should sue them for not allowing us our 2nd Amd rights.........

Richard6218

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Once again gun bans in public places only keep the good honest well minded people without ways to defend themselfs or those around them. As far as i am concerned i dont give a damn about that sign posted.

If they can't provide a solid way to protect me and my family then they have no business telling me i cant carry in there for my own protection.

And this is the reason we do not allow idiot's to make rules or laws.... I think we should sue them for not allowing us our 2nd Amd rights.........

Don't know who it was who said it, but there's a quote worth noting:

The US Government was designed by geniuses to be run by idiots.

vote_no

imported post

just_a_car wrote:

You are suggesting that the instituters of a policy banning weapons are responsible for gang violence. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I forgot who wrote most of the following but I've pieced together what they wrote and a maybe some from others.......

Once again mall officials have reaped what they sowed. They should change the entrance signs to read: "Criminals Welcome - The management of this facility has made every effort to disarm your potential victims. Law-abiding persons in our stores and parking lots are defenseless."

The former scenario is the message sent by your "no weapons" policy, and in essence, the message you are sending to criminals who would prey on your patrons.
Do you genuinely believe that violent criminals, intent on plying their trade in your establishment are going to obey your signs? Firearm permit holders have passed thorough local, state and FBI criminal background checks. They are trained in safety and the law and the responsibilities they bear prior to being issued a permit by the proper authorities. Concealed firearms permit holders are therefore among the nation's most responsible and law-abiding citizens. Since the beginning of each state's programs, permit holders prove to be among the lowest crime-rate groups in the nation.
I am not suggesting that you display signs welcoming permit holders onto your property, merely that you remove the signs denying us access and squelching our civil rights. Otherwise what you are telling the public is that the only people who are armed in your stores are the criminals. THAT'S NOT VERY REASSURING !!
This holiday season my family and I WILL make a concerted effort to avoid those stores and malls that would disarm honest citizens and leave them at the mercy of those who don't obey signs, rules or laws. I urge you to examine your policy of leaving your law-abiding patrons defenseless when on your property, while at the same time encouraging and empowering armed criminals.

DEROS72

imported post

Gunner ,that is perfectly stated...and exactly on point.I CC at Southcenter anyway no one has the right to tell me I cannot exersise my right to bear arms for my protection.I don't recall EVER hearing any reports of a law abiding permit holder shooting up a school or mall.As for the police they are useless in these situations.Virginia tech a perfect example.Police running around outside head up their assin in decision while you could stillhear the shots in the buildings.Think if one person was armed and able to defend themselves.

FMCDH

imported post

This is a comment I sent to both KIRO and KOMO news:

While you and other news agencies are reporting about the Southcenter Mall shooting that occurred on Saturday Nov 22nd, you may consider mentioning that Southcenter Mall, as well as most malls in Washington state are considered "Gun Free Zones" by corporate policy. A policy that works only on paper it would appear. What kind of measures are these malls taking to ensure the safety of law abiding citizens? Citizens who do not carry their own firearms for self defense so as to not violate these misguided corporate policies. A serious look at the effectiveness of these so called gun free zones should be taken, because when you only have the REAL criminals carrying firearms, everyone is less safe.

Thank you.

Update: I just sent the same comment to Seattle Times and KING