• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Gone Bad

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
hey rk

well I learned at P.O.S.T. that 65 % of an interaction is non verbal. I also recognized " the felony stare" on all 3 people. criminals have their own language (bothverbal and non verbal)and i would suggest gun owners know this.

for the bum... it was more of an opportunity that presented itself. his questions were so pointless, it was just to buy time. he attempted to bait me into shaking his hand with my right hand, hehad his left hand in his back pocket,he also was looking in my cab and looking and scanning for trafficwhile asking me the pointless questions. when i shook his hand with my left hand he squeezed and wouldnt let go.. you would have had to be there.

any othermonday morning quarterbacks need to read "Inside the criminal mind " by stanton samenow or "games criminal play" or even " in sheeps clothing"

3 great books to educate gun owners about criminals.

jeff cooper had it right when he said "most people are already dead before they realize they were in danger" !

as for the mesa incident.... the closest route from where they crossed the road and the front entrance to 7-11 would have put them 20 feet from my truck.. considering one guy went and walked infront of my truck and the other went behind my truck to approach me, also Iobserved them looking around while walking up to me .I would say that myobservation is correct.
I won't argue with your assessment!

protector84

imported post

Deep down I don't think the bar manager had a personal disagreement with me carrying a gun but as someone else recently said, if she wants to keep the business open she has to follow state liquor laws. If she allows me to carry a gun on the premises and the authorities found out, the bar could be cited and even a suspension placed on their license. No business is going to risk its entire operation over one individual.

One of the carry rights that I think more gun owners should focus on is ridding our society of "weapons free zones." You should be able to carry a gun ANYWHERE without exception and any private establishment that refuses should have to be personally liable for your safety. I want to enjoy life without being paranoid but at the same time I have to do these "what-if" scenarios in my mind once in a while because I refuse to be a victim at least not without a fight.

I would like someone here to tell me what I am supposed to do if I am sitting in a nightclub with my girlfriend enjoying a nice bevarage, the front door opens, and a man in a long black coat walks in, pulls out a rifle, and starts shooting randomly. Because bars are "weapons free zones" I would actually have to get me and my girlfriend out to the nearest exit and I probably wouldn't even be able to and if so I would already be severely wounded. Then I would have to get to the car which is a block away, unlock the car door, and then unlock the safe, and then load the gun. Then if I wanted to goback in and be the "hero" of the day, by the time I could even be in a position to do something, I would be walking over nothing but bodies. Sorry for the graphic images but apparently nobody in authority or much of the general public has learned anything about 9/11, Virginia Tech, or Columbine all of which were "weapons free zones."

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

protector84 wrote:
SNIP...
One of the carry rights that I think more gun owners should focus on is ridding our society of "weapons free zones." You should be able to carry a gun ANYWHERE without exception and any private establishment that refuses should have to be personally liable for your safety. I want to enjoy life without being paranoid but at the same time I have to do these "what-if" scenarios in my mind once in a while because I refuse to be a victim at least not without a fight.

SNIP....
I agree....

BAN WEAPONS FREE ZONES

unless that is where the weapons are FREE!!!!

JoeSparky

protector84

imported post

Another example is from a friend who said that after 9/11, President Bush should have come up to the microphone and said the following:

"Folks, we are in a dangerous world. If you are traveling anytime soon and own a gun, bring it on your next flight."