Thread: OC in Greater Cincinnati

Post imported post

This may have been talked about before but I need some info. I am looking to start OC in the Greater Cincinnati Area. Mainly in Clermont County Eastgate Area but i dont want to be limited there.

1. Are there any laws against OC in these areas?
    2. Is there any resource for OC people with rules?
    3. The CC Handbook states that OC is "legal", what are the rules?
    Thanks in Advance...

OC | in | OH

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Post imported post

You did not state a location in your profile, but Clermont County Eastgate Area is a dead give away.

Your number 3 answers number 1.
    You need to read Ohio supreme Court case OFCC v. Clyde.
    Link http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/do...-ohio-4605.pdf

What kind of rules you looking for? I think you don't want to carry until you know the law and your rights.

Post imported post

I have been OC'ing in the Cincinnati area while visiting my wife's family here for Thanksgiving. We are in Fairfield, and have been out and about in the area with no trouble. I open carried my 1911 at the Tri-County Mall on Black Friday for 5 hours without so much as a dirty look.

For the OH guys, I know UDF is supposedly a "no-carry" zone, but the UDF on Dixie Highway at Nilles isn't posted in any way. I looked very carefully for any sort of sign.

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    I have been OC'ing in the Cincinnati area while visiting my wife's family here for Thanksgiving. We are in Fairfield, and have been out and about in the area with no trouble. I open carried my 1911 at the Tri-County Mall on Black Friday for 5 hours without so much as a dirty look.

For the OH guys, I know UDF is supposedly a "no-carry" zone, but the UDF on Dixie Highway at Nilles isn't posted in any way. I looked very carefully for any sort of sign.
    If it's not a statutory CPZ (liquor by the drink, etc.) and it's not posted, it's not a CPZ.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Deanimator wrote:
    Hef wrote:

If it's not a statutory CPZ (liquor by the drink, etc.) and it's not posted, it's not a CPZ.
    That's my understanding of the law, but I've never been to a UDF, and have only read here that UDF is posted. Maybe only some UDF's are posted?

Post imported post

Try this link.... http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Post imported post

99% of the time I have OC'ed in Cincy, there have been no issues. The only time was when I missed a microscopic "no weapons" on a Mall's rules sign. That was before our CHL law too.

It would be surprising if that UDF weren't posted. I've found that their signs are very small and almost completely transparent, usually on the glass to one side of the door. Very hard to see unless you're looking very hard for them. But I don't even bother trying any of their stores anymore since I know the owner is behind the signs.

As for OC rules, it is legal anywhere that firearms are not specifically banned by law. Those places include sheriff/police stations, courthouses, mental hospitals, any room where liquor is served under a D permit. But you should research the Ohio Revised Code for yourself and/or consult a lawyer if you want a professional legal opinion.