Thread: Woman Confronts Burglar in Her Home-Prescott AZ

Post imported post

From the Daily Courier of Prescott, Yavapai County

Friday, November 21st, 2008:

"When a burglar entered a Prescott woman's home late Wednesday morning and headed for her bedroom, he did not know what was waiting for him - a very awake young lady with a handgun pointed straight at him.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said the burglar was in the doorway of the 23-year-old's bedroom when he noticed the gun and fled.

"He scaled a porch railing and was last seen running north on Pine Ridge Drive," D'Evelyn said in a press release.

The woman - who lives in the 1300 block of Pine Ridge Drive -saw the man break down her front door at around 11:45 a.m. and then put on black gloves and pull a white bandana over his face as he walked toward her bedroom, D'Evelyn said.

She described the man as 5'10" to 6' tall, with a dark complexion and black curly hair that appeared to have some type of gel in it. He was wearing a white t-shirt and dark jeans. He had no facial hair and appeared to be in his early 20s.

Deputies searched the area but were unable to find the man.

D'Evelyn said residents should make sure their deadbolts are sufficient to keep a door secure from forced entry. Deadbolts should include a locking bar that extends well into the studs of the doorframe. Metal security doors add another layer of protection.

A cell or wireless phone allows some flexibility if a person needs to move around or escape from an intruder while remaining in touch with law enforcement.

And, D'Evelyn said, when considering a firearm for protection, take classes to train with the weapon and understand the legal issues involving the use of deadly force."

Post imported post

Sweet! Yet, another great story of practical self defense with a sidearm in the home! +1 for us!!

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This reminds me of a nasty Little Red Riding Hood joke...but I won't tell it.

Excuse me Mr. Would be robber. . . Would you like to take a moment and change your mind? I am sure that Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson would not mind terribly if you wanted to leave. :celebrate

Post imported post

Yep. My good friends Smith, Wesson, Heckler, Koch, and Walther would appreciate it greatly if you left quietly.

Theseus, you are welcome to PM me that joke.

Post imported post

"A cell or wireless phone allows some flexibility if a person needs to move around or escape from an intruder while remaining in touch with law enforcement."

WOW! Hey Mr. Bad Guy you just have to be afraid of my cell phone. You had better leave right now.

I think I would have shot him. He was not there for tea and cookies.

Post imported post

GaOwlPoop wrote:
    I think I would have shot him. He was not there for tea and cookies.
    Luck bad guy.I'm thinkinga glove and bandana-clad intruder,shot dead ata woman'sbedroom door after breaking in the front door, would be a sympathetic figure only to someone like Robin Hussein Hood (aka Obama bin Biden) and his ilk.

Post imported post

The stories I like even better are the ones where Mr. Bad Guy with .22 snub-nose revolver meets Mr. Good Guy with evil black 12 gauge shotgun and before the bad guy can even think "whoops" the good guy makes it go "bang."

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    protector84 wrote:
    The stories I like even better are the ones where Mr. Bad Guy with .22 snub-nose revolver meets Mr. Good Guy with evil black 12 gauge shotgun and before the bad guy can even think "whoops" the good guy makes it go "bang."

At that point, I don't think "whoops" would even begin to express what the bg would be thinking!!

From my career, I can remember two very distinct sounds thatwould still make the hair on my neck rise; the noise that the safety on a Garand makes and the racking of the slide on a trench gun. They will make you want to have a potty training accident!
    LOL
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

I think what is lost in this she was lucky to be armed, to my thinking she would have been raped at least and maybe murdered. so good for her.

Post imported post

A cell or wireless phone allows some flexibility if a person needs to move around or escape from an intruder while remaining in touch with law enforcement.
    This will be Obama's version of Open Carry once he and the U.N. scumbags ram through their anti-gun agenda on the U.S.

Post imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
    I think what is lost in this she was lucky to be armed, to my thinking she would have been raped at least and maybe murdered. so good for her.
    I doubt luck had much to do with it. I doubt the front door was very far from the bedroom, and she had a loaded firearm pointed at him when he entered. It was obviously loaded and handy...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Methinks she should have shot the bastid, be one less BG out there. But good for her
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson