Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New to the forum

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Hello everyone, just wanted to say that so far this forum has more information than i can even think of trying to remember. and it seems like everyone here is very nice and helpful as well as quite intelligent when it comes to the questions being asked.

    as for me, im 21 and i am considering getting my CFP pretty soon. for now, im reading up on the open carry laws as well as the self defense laws.

    anyone have any suggestions for me?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    jeff434 wrote:
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say that so far this forum has more information than i can even think of trying to remember. and it seems like everyone here is very nice and helpful as well as quite intelligent when it comes to the questions being asked.

    as for me, im 21 and i am considering getting my CFP pretty soon. for now, im reading up on the open carry laws as well as the self defense laws.

    anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Welcome to the forums.. post often. getting that CFP will significantly make it easier to OC, if OC is your ultimate intention. If not, hey - your good to go.

    Suggestions?
    Learn the laws pertinent to your hobby. Ask a bunch of Q's, lots of good information. Mich Vilos book is always a keeper..

    BTW: What'cha Carry?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Welcome to the forums.. post often. getting that CFP will significantly make it easier to OC, if OC is your ultimate intention. If not, hey - your good to go.

    Suggestions?
    Learn the laws pertinent to your hobby. Ask a bunch of Q's, lots of good information. Mich Vilos book is always a keeper..

    BTW: What'cha Carry?
    i want to be able to CC eventually. i just need to do the class and get my paperwork in. and i've been reading up on the laws, and man, i gotta say, the way the Utah code is written can be somewhat confusing, but im figuring it out. its also a little hard to navigate the utah code site if you dont know exactly where to look.

    i looked on barnes and noble's website and i couldn't find that book. where can i get it?

    i just boughta nice lil XD sub compact .40 in the Bi-tone. i also have a rossi .357 4'' revovler that i bought two days after i turned 21

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    jeff434 wrote:
    ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Welcome to the forums.. post often. getting that CFP will significantly make it easier to OC, if OC is your ultimate intention. If not, hey - your good to go.

    Suggestions?
    Learn the laws pertinent to your hobby. Ask a bunch of Q's, lots of good information. Mich Vilos book is always a keeper..

    BTW: What'cha Carry?
    .....i just boughta nice lil XD sub compact .40 in the Bi-tone. i also have a rossi .357 4'' revovler that i bought two days after i turned 21
    Those are going to get the job done. Theres some XD fans here too, so you may have just made some friends. and as far as the big caliber, you just got ThoughtPolice's vote.. (God, i love givin' that guy a hard time...its like crack, really.)

    ...its also a little hard to navigate the utah code site if you dont know exactly where to look....
    http://www.le.state.ut.us/~code/code.htm

    I'd start there until you get Mitch's book. 76-10-500, 505, 502, & 523 (did i forget any??) are the good ones to know.

    AND:
    Individuals without a concealed weapons permit may not carry a firearm:
    - Concealed
    - Within a 1000 feet of a school zone
    - On intrastate buses and trains
    (UTA & TRAX)
    Nobody (even people with a permit) may carry a firearm, openly or concealed:
    - In any secure facility
    (courthouse, prison, secure part of an
    airport, etc...)
    - On some Federal property
    (post office, national parks, etc...)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Awesome, and thank you for the great info. i think i have read a couple of those, but i will make sure to memorize them

    oh, and i bought the xd because it felt a little better in my hand then the glock. and i think my next purchase will be a P22 just because its so cheap to shoot and it will be great for my girlfriend to use also.

    and where is a good place to get that book? maybe ill go look around today a lil bit.


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, USA
    Posts
    158

    Post imported post

    jeff434 wrote:
    Awesome, and thank you for the great info. i think i have read a couple of those, but i will make sure to memorize them

    oh, and i bought the xd because it felt a little better in my hand then the glock. and i think my next purchase will be a P22 just because its so cheap to shoot and it will be great for my girlfriend to use also.

    and where is a good place to get that book? maybe ill go look around today a lil bit.
    Most gun stores have them. Here is a thread on another forum dedicated to getting Mitch's book.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    "Tap Tap Tap"...... Is this thing on ?

    I just found this site this morning and Ive been reading the posts all day long. Im very interested in the subject and practice of OC,ing.... so. I look forward to learning all that I can here from all of you. Dave

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    packerbacker wrote:
    "Tap Tap Tap"...... Is this thing on ?

    I just found this site this morning and Ive been reading the posts all day long. Im very interested in the subject and practice of OC,ing.... so. I look forward to learning all that I can here from all of you. Dave
    WELCOME!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •