• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another reason to be able to carry at the mall

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, NJ is pretty much entirely a gun free zone unless you are a LEO or a criminal. Just to get a NJ firearm owner's ID to have a handgun in the home is more intrusive and onerous than obtaining a CCW in the toughest shall issue states based on the requirements a friend of mine sent me who is currently going through that process. Makes IL look pro-gun in comparison.

The mall shooting in WA, while a public shooting, wasn't a shooting intended towards the public. It was between punk gang-bangers who's parents failed them and society. Citizen carry wasn't going to stop it or prevent it. I don't see how an armed citizen would have been able to jump into that situation, stopped or prevented it and not been guilty of some crime themselves.