• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When did Indiana get LTC

junglebob

imported post

Maybe someone here can tell me when Indiana got license to carry legislation. I read something on a website that said Indiana got concealed carry legislation in 1980, someone on another forum says that the Travelers Guide to Gun Laws says it was l935.

Jared

imported post

It was 1935. Before that, they were gold star open carry with CCW banned. In 1935 they decided to licenses all forms of carry with the LTC. Of course those evil black people could not carry. That is why they required that the application be typed up on a typewritter. That law was only changed a couple of years ago.

Sad huh.

I believe that 1981 was when they recognized any permit from any other state or country.