• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Divorce & Your Right to Your Guns

Carnivore

imported post

Wow, sounds like a plan.. sounds about how my divorce went until the ex's attorney started whispering in her ear, then she got 90% and I got 10% which I was OK with, since practically everything we had was catered to her taste when we purchased it.. I got my Truck,Guns,Tools, Yellow Lab., and my sanity back. Sold the house to break even.. But she did file my income taxes without me and screwed me out of some hard earned returns But I didn't care, I was finally free of her Bit@#ing. You still better arm yourself with a good attorney, mine ran in the neighborhood of 7K and worth every penny.

In fact I turned her new ole man on to this site and he may very well be reading this post as we Speak.. Hello "D"

Armed

imported post

Well, I think it will be easier on your kids if the divorce is not contested. I'm glad to hear you have an agreement. We will pray for your kids. Best of luck to you.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Wow, sounds like a plan.. sounds about how my divorce went until the ex's attorney started whispering in her ear, then she got 90% and I got 10% which I was OK with, since practically everything we had was catered to her taste when we purchased it.. I got my Truck,Guns,Tools, Yellow Lab., and my sanity back. Sold the house to break even.. But she did file my income taxes without me and screwed me out of some hard earned returns But I didn't care, I was finally free of her Bit@#ing. You still better arm yourself with a good attorney, mine ran in the neighborhood of 7K and worth every penny.

In fact I turned her new ole man on to this site and he may very well be reading this post as we Speak.. Hello "D"
Yeah, this marriage has been pretty interesting. Although we have had our problems, we never really got into it too much as far as fighting goes. We both just realized that we aren't for each other anymore. She has changed, and I have also changed. We are just no longer compatible. I had hope that the relationship could be repaired over time, but when she had the affair, I realized that she would never be able to be faithful to me over the long haul, and that I could also never trust her to do so.

Without trust and confidence in fidelity, no relationship can survive long term. Although we have decided to go our separate ways, so far, there are not too many harsh feelings. She doesn't hate me, and I don't hate her. We're just finished. It's too bad that the kids have to suffer the collateral damage though. :(

Kevin

PT111

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
There ya go, more advice -- Worth exactly what you paid for it..:lol:
Advice is like a bucket of rocks.Most of it isjust rocks but every now and then you may find a diamond or at least a marble. Don't discard it without at least looking at it. :lol:

Carnivore

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

Yeah, this marriage has been pretty interesting. Although we have had our problems, we never really got into it too much as far as fighting goes. We both just realized that we aren't for each other anymore. She has changed, and I have also changed. We are just no longer compatible. I had hope that the relationship could be repaired over time, but when she had the affair, I realized that she would never be able to be faithful to me over the long haul, and that I could also never trust her to do so.

Without trust and confidence in fidelity, no relationship can survive long term. Although we have decided to go our separate ways, so far, there are not too many harsh feelings. She doesn't hate me, and I don't hate her. We're just finished. It's too bad that the kids have to suffer the collateral damage though. :(

Kevin

Heck there's still hope, I knew a fella out in Delaware that married the same gal 3 times, and the third time as far as I know their still together..:banghead:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

Kevin

Heck there's still hope, I knew a fella out in Delaware that married the same gal 3 times, and the third time as far as I know their still together..:banghead:
Doh! To me, that would be like 3 episodes of Friday The Thirteenth! No thanks!! :)

Kevin