• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL License Plate Orders Needed Now!!!!!!!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

For those of you who are interested in getting your VCDL license plates, we need your orders ASAP! So far, only 40 applications have been received and we need 350 to be able to get the plates approved.

Time is of the essence!!!

Click the link below for details on how to order ...

http://www.vcdl.org/index.html#Plates

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looking at that plate it appears that it'll have 5 characters on it since the VCDL logo will be on the left. Am I right on seeing that correctly or will it have 6 characters?

One of my vehicles currently has NRA plates with the logo in the middle 3 characters on either side of the logo. My other vehicle has the Fight Terrorism plates which have the emblem on the left and has 5 characters.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You folks better hurry and get those orders in. I've been waiting around 1 1/2-2 yrs for these. It'll sink into oblivion without the required 350 for legislation.

Where are all you folks that pre-registered on the VCDL site over the past 2 yrs? Don't make me send Dolph, Kearney and Jimbo over there!

Sheriff

imported post

Any Virginia license plate with an emblem on the left, right or center allows for 6 characters of personalization.

Based upon past license plate issues, anybody who doesn't request personalization will probably be issued something like DL1001 through DL9999, the DL standing for Defense League.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I helped develop and get the Virginia Aviation Plate out there for my fellow pilots.. I feel if I was to get a VCDL plate I would betray my fellow pilots... So I will offer to Pay for someone's VCDL plate that was thinking about it but can't afford it.

Kevin108

imported post

I'm about to sell my car and I've had a very suitable vanity plate on my big truck forever. I'm so torn! Is it looking like we'll even get anywhere close? What's the deadline for apps?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Kevin,

It is going to be close as to whether or not we get enough so PLEASE get your app in A..S..A..P if you are interested!!!

Kevin108 wrote:
I'm about to sell my car and I've had a very suitable vanity plate on my big truck forever. I'm so torn! Is it looking like we'll even get anywhere close? What's the deadline for apps?

springerrider

imported post

:quirkyit's a shame that we can't get everyone that has talked about getting these plates to send in the app. I sent mine in . what dose it matter how meany letters?

just a question. not to be nasty, just a question.

streetdoc

imported post

Is there any way that we can get a accurate count of the number of request that have been turned in? If we are close it might help others to make up their minds that they need to submit their applications. We turned in two at the last VCDL meeting.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, I'm not going to sacrifice the vanity plate on my Virginia car for this, but if it's really that close I might be persuaded to "convince" my parents to get one for their car.

So, persuade me. How close is it? :p

Kevin108

imported post

Just got an e-mail from PVC.

LICENSE PLATE EFFORT DROPPED Time has simply run out. With less than 250 applications for VCDL license plates sent to us (350 needed, minimum) and the start of the General Assembly session only a week away and Lobby Day coming up on January 19th, the Board of Directors voted to drop the license plate effort. I will call Delegate Abbitt and thank him for offering to carry the license plate bill this year. Those who sent in your application and fee to VCDL over the last couple of months will have your letters and checks returned.
Too bad. Who would believe that the Parrot Heads pulled it off but us VCDL members couldn't? :p Maybe next year!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Just got an e-mail from PVC.

LICENSE PLATE EFFORT DROPPED Time has simply run out. With less than 250 applications for VCDL license plates sent to us (350 needed, minimum) and the start of the General Assembly session only a week away and Lobby Day coming up on January 19th, the Board of Directors voted to drop the license plate effort. I will call Delegate Abbitt and thank him for offering to carry the license plate bill this year. Those who sent in your application and fee to VCDL over the last couple of months will have your letters and checks returned.
Too bad. Who would believe that the Parrot Heads pulled it off but us VCDL members couldn't? :p Maybe next year!
Problem for me was that I did not want to advertise that there might be guns inside my vehicle - encourage break-in. Otherwise I really liked the idea - just couldn't get by that problem. :(

Yata hey