• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC Experience

Darth Tater

imported post

As you may or may not know, I have been "lurking" on these boards for a while. I have spent a HUGE amount of time reading the boards, and the forums, etc. I had a positive experience tonight I think you will all enjoy. I have been working on my house for weeks, every since I got back from Afghanistan in September, anyway. (Thanks Sheepdawg) I have been putting up some lights in my garage, and I had to run down to the Home Depot on Craig, here in NLV. I went in, and had to talk to one of the assisants, as I couldn't find what I was looking for. He helped me find what I was looking for, and he took me over to the power tool section, and asked me why I was OC. I told him it was "because I can't find a Cop that fits in a holster" He was 50 - 60, and told me it wasn't legal in NLV. I explained that the used to be true, but since the State legislature passed the Nev preemption laws, NLV statue on transporting a weapon in your vehicle, and prohibiting OC was null and void. He pumped his fist, and told me that "that's cool, that they passed that." I also reached in my pocket, and showed him the pages that I printed off the Nev Legislature's website with the laws in black and white. I told him "Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself." He wrote down the code section, and said he was going to carry his gun as well. While we were talking, another guy walked over, and started asking me about OC as well. I wrote the statutes down for him, so he could read them. He thanked me, and everyone went on about their business. These two were the only two people in a month of OC, that have even mentioned my G23.

I thought you guys would like to see a positive OC experience.

Darth

AnakinsKid

imported post

That's awesome. The chance to educate others about our gun rights is my biggest reason for OCing. Yeah, it's more comfortable than concealing, and you get some funny looks that you don't get when concealing (I like getting those looks), but when you OC, you get the chance to fight the propaganda that says "guns are bad, and only bad people (and cops/military) have guns".

Edit: I love the screen name, and have seen the toy on thinkgeek.com

jfrey123

imported post

celticjim wrote:
thankyou . i would like a little more info on o.c.

You're in the right place. People like myself make it a point to study and know the laws inside and out. The elected president of Stillwater Firearms Association is an active poster here. A good sized group of people here make it a point to do inform the sheeple as we exercise our rights.

Feel free to shoot a PM if you're shy. Otherwise start a thread and ask your questions. I make it a point to provide links to the Nevada Revised Statutes concerning your questions, and no one here is likely to steer you wrong...