• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still need donations

Detour

imported post

Dianosis wrote:
Alot of people have posted changes that I agree with so I'll just paste each one below in addition to a few more. My additions are posted in ORANGE:

FOLLOW THE ALABAMA CONSTITUTION:
That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. - This article is enumerated in ALL 6 Alabama constitutions.

This enumeration of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people: and, to guard against any encroachments on the rights herein retained, or any transgression of any of the high powers herein delegated, we declare, that every thing in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall forever remain inviolate; and that all laws contrary thereto, or to the following provisions, shall be void.- This article is enumerated in ALL 6 Alabama constitutions.

1) Remove 13a-11-52 from the code.

2) Repeal the prohibition of carry near or participating in a demonstration (violated the 2nd and 1st amendments of the US constitution.)

3) Make Alabama a Shall issue State instead of a May issue State.

4) No permit needed while in a vehicle if you are ocwing.

5) The law needs to be clear on OCW.

6) Ability to OC and CC without fear of arbitrary harassment.

7) Change/Adjust DisorderlyConduct law to read that a person cannot be charged with disorderly conductby merelyopen carrying andpeaceably open carrying does NOT cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm. Basically, DC can't be used as a "catch all" for open carry.

8) No local govt., sheriff etc. can decide differentlyon state laws - no discretionary requirements.

9) Remove this, and any such wording on CC permits "This pistol permit does not permit you to carry a gun openly."

10) Dispatchers should be trained on OC calls that come in. Before even dispatching LEO's they should ask questionsand determine if further response is needed. Peaceably OC'ing would not justify sending LEO's.

11) LEO's should also be trained on OC laws.

12)Peaceably OC'ing does not permit illegal search & seizure. Nor does it grant the right to revoke a CC permit.

13) Alabama should recognizeALL other States CC permits.

14) Any person peaceably, legally OC'ing shall not be harassed, detained, incarcerated, refused service or ortherwise have their rights violated for merely OC'ing.

Thats all I have for now I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this. I think one major problem we face right now trying to get support is our current state of the union.People are more concerned right now (and rightfully so) with the economy and if they are gonna have a job tomorrow. They are not concerned about a right to carryopenly or not. People are so desperate for a change in our country look who they voted in.But I would say to those people, when things get even worse and crime and madness are on the rise, do you think the police or Obama Hussen is gonna protect you? I would sayWE have a right and duty to protect ourselves from any threat foreign or domestic. People should never fear their government, the government should fear its people.

We dare defend our rights!-Official Alabama Motto

Very nice i like it....I am going to copy this and fax it to MR. Hooper and see what he says....maybe we can add some if not all to the petition....

Thanks this is really good

Detour

imported post

Dianosis wrote:
Cool let us know his thoughts.

Yes I will for sure.......I really hope to get some things done andchanged...but I am sure it takes awhile....As nothing is fast with the government...

I want to get my case about my permit over and maybe use my case and othersas a spring board for changeing things....Maybe after our elected officals see how some people are being treated here in Alabama and all over the U.S. as well.... maybe a ball will start rolling downhill I hope and they can get some things cleared up and make changes to laws that are very muddy at best....

GotCoffee

imported post

Detour, I heard about your ordeal through daddy-o and was wondering how things are going? Maybe you cant say anything about the case thats fine. How are the funds for the attorney coming along? Im not in your state but I can send at least $10. Let me know!!

Dianosis

imported post

Did we lose Detour? You around Buddy? Any news? I got my income tax back and was gonna see if you still needed funds:question: