• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still need donations

Detour

imported post

Guys there have only been 2 people who have stood up to this wrong doing and donated and sent money to Mr. J Scoot Hooper.. I need those 2 guys to email me asap please and also need more people to send any andI mean any amount they can to the attorney.......I really thought more people were willing to fight this.... Remember that any money donated will be returned with intrest if we win this and not only that the money will go toward rewrite the gun laws for Alabama as well...

Im hopeing to make Alabama a shall issue state instead of a may issue state and also makeing it to where you can ocw in a vehicle with out a permit as well being that a permit is not needed while on foot... please help fight this guys and lets roll on this...Where are my OCW brothers and sisters???? Is there only me and the 2 that has donated that are willing to do more than just talk here about this....It will take more than 3 people to protect the constitution and the state laws..

Thanks

Please send any donations with you name and addressto :

/s/J. Scott Hooper
The Hooper Law Firm, PC
P.O. Box 241493
Montgomery, AL 36124-1493
334-271-1555 Office
334-271-1552 Facsimile
334-868-9643 Cell
jshooper@knology.net

kurtmax_0

imported post

You really need to get some easier way to donate. I'm having to wait until I visit my parents for TG before I'm even around a mailbox.

Some form of electronic thing like a paypal account or something would be ultra-handy.

Daddyo

imported post

Actually, I guess it would have to be Mr. Hooper who would need to have the Paypal. Otherwise you'd be sending the money straight to Detour (not that I don't trust you, my friend, but Mr. Hooper is better equipped to handle the bookkeeping).

You might want to check with Mr. Hooper on this, though Detour. If he would set up a paypal or other such payment system, especially if folks could use a credit or debit card, it might be beneficial.

Most of us here know Mr. Hooper from VMathis' Walmart incident, but using a card offers some protection to those who may want to contribute in principle but don't Detour or Mr Hooper from Adam.

Detour

imported post

Well a post office has money orders, plus you get a reciept with that and can tract that or use a check.....

I dont want any money sent to me at all. I want any and all donations sent to the attorney who is keeping records of the donations and names so when a refund is due he will know who and how much was sent.

I can ask him about paypal if he has one or if you like you can call him I have his number lised..

Detour

imported post

I just talked with Mr. Hooper and he says he does things the old fashion way checks, money orders, and cash...

I prefer you send check or postal money order that way you have a record of it plus Mr. Hooper is very honest and he knows alot about all this as he helpV Mathis with his case and won. plus he will keep record of who sent money so if any extra moneys are awarded it will go to those who donated and split between them all based on the amount sent plus there donation..

So please send any thing you guys and gals can so we can make this right and maybe change the laws I am here to fight for thisfor me and for you allbut need a little help. Im sure after winning and getting my permit back ill carry that court case with me in my truck just to show any LEO thats not sure if OCW is legal and show hey ive been to court on this and bam here it is....Then comes the changeing of the law. Im hoping to make alabama a shall issue state instead of a may issue state and hope by winning my case I can show how some sheriffs can just pull a permit for any reason to his liken and not following the laws set down by the state and the constitution..

Donate here please

/s/J. Scott Hooper
The Hooper Law Firm, PC
P.O. Box 241493
334-271-1555 Office
334-271-1552 Facsimile
334-868-9643 Cell
jshooper@knology.net

FogRider

imported post

No, $10 here won't hurt. But $10 here, another $10 there, more and more elsewhere adds up. Don't assume someone can afford to donate, even an amount you deem a small amount.

Detour

imported post

FogRider wrote:
No, $10 here won't hurt. But $10 here, another $10 there, more and more elsewhere adds up. Don't assume someone can afford to donate, even an amount you deem a small amount.

Not sure what you mean by $10 here $10 there more and more??? No one has ask to send more and more from one person but just to send what you can if you or anyone are wanting to have a horse in this race and do something about the way LEO handles OCW and the way the law states in alabama

I was just asking for those who really want to do something and really change some things to donate and not that they had to donate 10.00 every time or week or month. Just what ever they could if they wanted to.

No one has to send anything only the ones who think this is the right thing to do and are wanting change cause im willing to fight for it and not just talk about it and as a team we can get this done but just talking about it and saying things like why dont we do something ( well heres your chance to do something)

This case I have is going to help eveyone here in alabama orI could just think about myself and just try and get my permit back and not even try to change any laws.

I cant do the whole thing alone money wise but together we can make things happen

Detour

imported post

FogRider wrote:

FrogRider no one here assumes that everyone can afford to donate and there is no amount to small. If you can donate and want to then do so if its what you think is a good cause. I know im as broke as anyone butI know theres waysI have already cut backjust tosend something where its a cup of coffee ,soda, newspaper, or other things that I spend money on eveyday or a few times a week I foundI could live without some of those things a few less times a week just to send something but thats becauseI want this to happenand when you want something bad enough then you find ways to make it happen..ButI dont expect anything Im just hopeful and I sure dont want someone helping or sending anything that would put them or there family in a tight... those who cant donate or dont want to will still gain from this whenI win. This isnt about me if you look at the facts and see the wrong doing this is something thatdoes andcan haeppen to anyone. So to fight this wrong doing we need to fight and the pen is mightier than the sword. It just takes money for the pen and ink lol... United We Stand Devided We Fall

Money is tight these days andI know this.... trust me I have been disabled due to some knee issues but I can still come up with something and it may not be as much as others on here butI am a fighter for the truth andthe constitution.

Theres other ways you all can donate if money is real tight ...when it comes time to put out the petitions that some of us are wanting to start up to change some gun laws thats when maybe you can shine and stand up... So its not all about the money you can donate time as well

If I do nothing then who will do something you are all My Brothers In Arms ( B.I.A )

I think all 45 ACP meant was those who really want something done surely could send something.. FrogRider no one is asking for 10.00 in payments like a monthly bill and anything not used plus any damages collected will be returned and split to those who do donate.

And besides there is so many on here talking about they want to do something but when it gets time to get r done they are no where to be found.

No one should talk of change or war and not show up to fight..yeh yeh yeh ... I know its america and you can say what you like but thanks to those who showed up to fight makes it to where you have that right to say what ever..

Thanks 45ACP for the support and to Daddy O and to the many others who are fighters and mean what they say, it shows with the emails and donations and you will be rewared nicely..Maybe we all can ocw soon with no recourse from LEO and it will be due to the ones that stand up and take no more of the wrong doers and the make the law up as you go LEO...And yes even the ones that juts talk here and do nothing will gain from this as well.. Dont you just love america :)

FogRider

imported post

What I meant was I may donate $10 to your cause, but then what do I say to the guy on the other forum I visit who says "Come on, $10 to my cause won't break the bank"? My only point was that you can't know what anyone else's finances are. I'd like to donate, but frankly all my cash is spoken for at the moment.

Detour

imported post

I see what you mean....but my cause or case is about the LEO or the Sheriffs just pulling a permit just because you ocw plus most here knows what happen to me in detail...

I am hopeing with my case or cause that the other guy you may speak of , wont have this same thing done to him or her. BY me doing this and doing it in court that will give us all a foundation to stand on and use to justify what the law and the constitution says with no muddy water.. or make it up as you go kind of thing

FogRider

imported post

I'm fine with your cause, and I hope I didn't give you the impression that I'm not. All I'm asking is that you trust me (and others) when we say we really can only afford to support you in spirit right now.

Detour

imported post

Thats fine and I dont expect anyone one to do anything just the ones that walk the walk and want to talk the talk... I know some who gave up a pack of smokes evey other day and sent 10.00.

Im sure for those who really want something done thats in this state and others they have something thats a habbit that they could do with out or cut back on if they really want to help us all out . keep in mind this isnt just for me its for us all.

This is for us all not just me and its funny how when one really wants something cutting back on certain things tends to lead to a lil extra here and there but I understand how even 5.00 or 10.00 would but some in a bind this time of year. But its the ons that know they can do something but just talk the talk and want the law to change for them and do nothing. But anyway your support is good and better than nothing and likeI said those who can and want to donate can just send to the attorney address i have listed

Thanks for your support

Detour

imported post

KillBoxAlpha wrote:
Will I need to reference your name in my correspondence along with my check?
Yes either put for Sids attorney fees or for Detour... I have told Mr. Hooper the attorney that i use that name in this fourm and hes says that fine either name is ok just put who the checks for in the memo like say for detours attorney fees or for Sid's attorney fees......

Thanks and i hope that helped

Detour

imported post

I amback I have been away for a while due to the Holiday's, mom being in nursing home and being short on funds and having my internet off for a short time....

ButI am back on track for now and sorry for the lack of communication...

Just hoping everything is well with you all and hope you all had a happy Christmas and Holiday's..

Daddy-o is posting my story of what happen to me with all the facts for those who havent seen or heard of what was done to me so please read it.

As some of you know I am still fighting this permit thing and I have talked with my attorney today Mr. Hooper and he says we are very close to the money we were needing to get this case started and hes told be thata lot of you have been very helpful in the donations and hes wanting to send out thank you letters to you all..

He has told me it will cost 250.00 to file this case and being that hes in Montgomery and me in Boaz AAlabama there's a big distance to travel, so along with his fee and just the mileage and gas ittakes... The 1000.00he was needing to start thisdoesn't take long forthe fees to add up.He told mewe are almost at the 1000.00 in donations he said he would double check but thought we were about the 700.00 to 800.00 mark but that he would go ahead and start this thing as he is very fired up about this case..
I am going to send some more money in 2 weeks andI amhoping that if anyone else can help us with any donations at all any amount will help we are almost there. plus some of the papers that need to be filed hes going to mail or fax me so i can file some of this stuff so we can cut down on cost.... but he is very confident we will get all our money plus some when we win this case as he says they are totally in the wronge and thats one of the reasons hes taking this caseand also after me talking with over 32 attorneys by phone and in person hes doing this cheaper than all the others.. Some were asking 3000.00 just to get my permit back and thats not counting on doing anything about fighting the law thats on the books and changing them and none of the others were talking about my rights being violated which Mr. Hooper says was as Alabama code 15-5-30 and 15-5-31 read...And maybe the 4th amendment illegal search and seizure..

Which all of you that know my story knows the facts and can see where this could be in play but for sure the first 2 codes that i have listed here.. I am really happy I have hired Mr.hooper he seems to want to take this at every angle and really take it to the ones that have done me and all of us wrong

So please guys I knowI have ask a lot of you all and some of you have donated more than expected but we are still a lil short so if we all could chip in a lil more, any amount would really help a lot... No amount is to little or to big and I assure you you will be rewarded in full plus interest and a split on any extra money I getwhenwe areawarded damages for my rights being violated..

Again Thank you guys for sticking with me on this, as this will help us all and I am very sure this will change the way all of us who ocw will be treated or if not the LEO or department will pay dearly....And remember after this fight we will start on the law changing and tons of letters will be going out to all the Alabama state and local governments and our Representatives and legislators...I wont stop till I get a yes or no answer on ocw for us all and our State

Thanks again for standing by me and please stay strong we will win this ( GODS SPEED)

A real special thanks to those who have donated there time and money for the cause ( My Brothers In Arms) B.I.A.

Please send any donations listed below and feel free to call, write or email Mr.Hooper for updates and any questions he said he would welcome them all..

s/J. Scott Hooper
The Hooper Law Firm, PC
P.O. Box 241493
334-271-1555 Office
334-271-1552 Facsimile
334-868-9643 Cell
jshooper@knology.net

Dianosis

imported post

Im hopeing to make Alabama a shall issue state instead of a may issue state and also makeing it to where you can ocw in a vehicle with out a permit as well being that a permit is not needed while on foot... please help fight this guys and lets roll on this...Where are my OCW brothers and sisters???? Is there only me and the 2 that has donated that are willing to do more than just talk here about this....It will take more than 3 people to protect the constitution and the state laws..

I am more than willing to help out for this cause, I would like to know what your game plan is for changing the existing laws? I have a few ideas of my own on this matter and would like to see what your plans are. Could you kinda lay it out for us, or have you already done so in another post somewhere?

Detour

imported post

Dianosis wrote:
I am more than willing to help out for this cause, I would like to know what your game plan is for changing the existing laws? I have a few ideas of my own on this matter and would like to see what your plans are. Could you kinda lay it out for us, or have you already done so in another post somewhere?
The first thing is getting my permit back as it has been pulled 2 times for ocw but the 2nd time it was pulled my rights were violated Alabama codes 15-5-30 and 15-5-31 and my attoreny thinks my 4th amendment rights as well. I have never been arrested either time my permit was pulled and the 2nd time it was pulled they kept my weapon and permit butI got my weapon back in 3 days but was toldI could not get my permit ever..By the LEO taking my weapon that night and keeping it and not arresting me alabama code 15-5-31 was broken and 15-5-30 was broken by or while breaking 15-5-31.. So this is why I am asking for donations to be sent to my attorney Mr. Hooper which most here know. He helped another member here a MR Mathis that was arrested for ocw and won his case for him as Mr. Mathis was on foot and ocw but he also had a permit which he did not need while on foot..

Now to the laws I would like to change and the attorney Mr.Hooper says he will help us with, are as listed below but if you can think of any more please post them here

#1- Make Alabama a Shall issue State instead of a May issue State. ( There are 36 states that are shall issue stateswith Nebraska and Kansasbeing the newest additions to this category. There are only 3 States that are May issue Statesor DO issue states ( Alabama, Connecticut and Iowa )

#2- Since ocw is leagl while on foot with no permit needed then why should you have to have a permit while in a vehicle if you are ocwing. If you can legally own and possess a weapon. I feel that my vehicle is an extention of my home and was working out of it in my job (A permit is only needed to carry concealed own or about you or in a vehicle) I would choose to ocw in a vehicle and not hide it. No permit is needed for rifles or shotguns...WHY??? Because they are not easy to hide and you can see them. So if a handgun is in the open or ocw in a vehicle I think it should be treated as long guns are with no permit needed unless you have it hidden or concealed out of view...

#3-The law needs to be more clear on OCW. The 2nd amendmentgrants me theGODgiven right to keep and bare arms. ButI guess it would be to simple for the law to say ocw is legal with out a permitfor those who are able to own or possess a weapon legally. Bad guys and felons will always hide there weapons regardless of the laws so any laws passed will only affect the honest and law abideing person

Well I hope this wasnt to long and if you have any ideas please post here.

If you would like to donate funds to help my case Please send to the attorney listed below and also any amount you donate will be refunded when we win my permit case as Mr. Hooper says we should get all court cost and attorney fees back and hes keeping the names of all that donated and if theres any moneys awarded for my rights being violated it will be split to all that donated based on the amount sent. Just make sure if you send a donation to list your name, address, and phone number and also put on there funds for detour or sid ellis case.. Mr. hooper is keeping records and as soon as this permit case is over it will open the door for the other things we will be getting members here that want to help get petitions with names that want with the laws we are wanting changed.

Im hopeing to get enoughmembers here to work getting the petition that Mr. Hooper says he can draw up out in there county or aerain alabama . Maybe if each member can work there own county and if theres more than one member in a certain county then split the county up in sections and appoint leaders for that section that way we can cover more ground and get the most out of the petitions and in the countys that has only one member or none tha the countys closer to those with more members could spend a little time there or maybe a few of us get to gather and hit those areas a few week ends or so...Plus use the internet ...

Then after we get enough names start sending them to our federal , state , and local elected officals and tell them we the people have spoke and we want action

Thanks againMy Brothers In Arms ( B.I.A. ) for the support and intrest God Bless

Please feel free to call, phone ,email or write Mr.Hooper with any questions. We need at about 200.00 or 300.00 more dollars guys so please if anyone can help any amount will help and get us closer to the rights we all should have and demand

Send Donations to:

/s/J. Scott Hooper
The Hooper Law Firm, PC
P.O. Box 241493
334-271-1555 Office
334-271-1552 Facsimile
334-868-9643 Cell
jshooper@knology.net

Dianosis

imported post

Alot of people have posted changes that I agree with so I'll just paste each one below in addition to a few more. My additions are posted in ORANGE:

FOLLOW THE ALABAMA CONSTITUTION:
That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. - This article is enumerated in ALL 6 Alabama constitutions.

This enumeration of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people: and, to guard against any encroachments on the rights herein retained, or any transgression of any of the high powers herein delegated, we declare, that every thing in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall forever remain inviolate; and that all laws contrary thereto, or to the following provisions, shall be void.- This article is enumerated in ALL 6 Alabama constitutions.

1) Remove 13a-11-52 from the code.

2) Repeal the prohibition of carry near or participating in a demonstration (violated the 2nd and 1st amendments of the US constitution.)

3) Make Alabama a Shall issue State instead of a May issue State.

4) No permit needed while in a vehicle if you are ocwing.

5) The law needs to be clear on OCW.

6) Ability to OC and CC without fear of arbitrary harassment.

7) Change/Adjust DisorderlyConduct law to read that a person cannot be charged with disorderly conductby merelyopen carrying andpeaceably open carrying does NOT cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm. Basically, DC can't be used as a "catch all" for open carry.

8) No local govt., sheriff etc. can decide differentlyon state laws - no discretionary requirements.

9) Remove this, and any such wording on CC permits "This pistol permit does not permit you to carry a gun openly."

10) Dispatchers should be trained on OC calls that come in. Before even dispatching LEO's they should ask questionsand determine if further response is needed. Peaceably OC'ing would not justify sending LEO's.

11) LEO's should also be trained on OC laws.

12)Peaceably OC'ing does not permit illegal search & seizure. Nor does it grant the right to revoke a CC permit.

13) Alabama should recognizeALL other States CC permits.

14) Any person peaceably, legally OC'ing shall not be harassed, detained, incarcerated, refused service or ortherwise have their rights violated for merely OC'ing.

Thats all I have for now I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this. I think one major problem we face right now trying to get support is our current state of the union.People are more concerned right now (and rightfully so) with the economy and if they are gonna have a job tomorrow. They are not concerned about a right to carryopenly or not. People are so desperate for a change in our country look who they voted in.But I would say to those people, when things get even worse and crime and madness are on the rise, do you think the police or Obama Hussen is gonna protect you? I would sayWE have a right and duty to protect ourselves from any threat foreign or domestic. People should never fear their government, the government should fear its people.

We dare defend our rights!-Official Alabama Motto