• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A LITTLE GUN STORY

jarhead1911A

imported post

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the
20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this datum on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

As John Steinbeck once said:

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. W hen seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble? 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it
isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked,
'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll
add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please forward.

When the need is greatest 1911 is faster than 911

GaOwlPoop

imported post

I fully agree with everything stated above --- unfortunately, when dealing with anti-gun people, it is emotion that rules.

Don't confuse me with fact, my mind is made up.

It simply does not matter what facts are presented, there is an agenda to be served and it shall be served - even at the cost of lives and liberty.

Things are going to have to get so bad that people will be begging for relief from oppression before anything is going to change.

Riverdog

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble? 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

Hah!

Cougar125

imported post

I see you put that email I sent you to good use. Right on. He posted it before I could. But it is accurate. Too bad the damn emotionalists run this country...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
SNIPToo bad the damn emotionalists run this country...

This is the reason the Founders mistrusted democracies.

Pretty much anywhere a wise ol' philosopher criticised a democracy, just insert the word emotionalist.

Check out the Federalist Papers for some insight on what the Framers had to say about "passions". I think its in a section dealing with the reasons for separating the legislative into a Senate and a House.

It all boils down to the emotionalists.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

A little closer to home, we have actually had school administrators ask Police officers assigned as School Resource Officers to NOT carry their guns on the school grounds because it might make some staff and students uncomfortable.

Mind you these cops are in our schools as a result of more frequent (and serious) violence. But the EMOTIONALISTS are more concerned with feelings and appearances than any actual chance of being in a position to handle a situation should one occur....

That giant sucking sound you hear is common sense swirling down the drain....

FMCDH

imported post

I refer to this thread as a good companion...
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/18228.html

This is the kind of stuff that the media needs to be bombarded with, BUT like you say, its the "emotion" of the story that sells papers, not the facts.

"I'm a reporter mam, don't confuse me with the facts, just tell me in your own blubbering words what you feel happened."

Richard6218

imported post

Heard last night on History Channel in describing the political turmoil on the death of Pericles: The citizens didn't know what to do. They were lost. They were a democracy.

If this is how the leftist historians of the 21st Century describe Athens of the 5th Century BC it certainly explains their attitude toward present-day USA.