Does anyone happen to have any experience with this insurance?

As a rider to their property and liability insurance plan, you can purchase insurance to reimburse for attorney fees *if* you are acquitted or found not guilty of any criminal charges stemming from the shooting.

I sent an e-mail to ask for some clarification. Last year there was a shooting in the Richmond area, where a young man defended himself during a robbery at his place of work, and subsequently, shot and killed the vermin. The grand jury eventually let him off the hook on the murder charges, but I believe he pleaded guilty to some misdameanor like; discharging a firearm within the city limits - or some other redicluous charge. This is common in this area however, it is never just a murder charge, there are multiple charges regarding the use of a firearm.

So my question to the NRA insurance program people - in this instance, would the insurance company declare that he was not cleared of all criminal charges, and therefore, reimbursement would not be forthcoming?

As expected, I got back some vague reply stating that each case is unique, they will not respond to hypothetical situations, etc., blah, blah, blah.

More telling however - I asked them how many times the insurance has paid out. They flat-out refused to answer that question.

So I'm curious to know what y'all think. Is this insurance rider a scam? Will they use this clause to deny any payment?Anybody here have this insurance, or know of anyone who has, or has ever used it?