• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Property and Liability Insurance

Armed

imported post

Does anyone happen to have any experience with this insurance?

As a rider to their property and liability insurance plan, you can purchase insurance to reimburse for attorney fees *if* you are acquitted or found not guilty of any criminal charges stemming from the shooting.

I sent an e-mail to ask for some clarification. Last year there was a shooting in the Richmond area, where a young man defended himself during a robbery at his place of work, and subsequently, shot and killed the vermin. The grand jury eventually let him off the hook on the murder charges, but I believe he pleaded guilty to some misdameanor like; discharging a firearm within the city limits - or some other redicluous charge. This is common in this area however, it is never just a murder charge, there are multiple charges regarding the use of a firearm.

So my question to the NRA insurance program people - in this instance, would the insurance company declare that he was not cleared of all criminal charges, and therefore, reimbursement would not be forthcoming?

As expected, I got back some vague reply stating that each case is unique, they will not respond to hypothetical situations, etc., blah, blah, blah.

More telling however - I asked them how many times the insurance has paid out. They flat-out refused to answer that question.

So I'm curious to know what y'all think. Is this insurance rider a scam? Will they use this clause to deny any payment?Anybody here have this insurance, or know of anyone who has, or has ever used it?