• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry License Age

rpindy

imported post

Hi,
I'd like to know what the minimum age would be to get an open-carry license in the state of Texas under your proposal. In most states it's 18, but now you have to be 21 just to get a CCL in Texas. I'm about to be 18, and would like to be able to open carry without having to wait until I'm 21.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rpindy wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to know what the minimum age would be to get an open-carry license in the state of Texas under your proposal. In most states it's 18, but now you have to be 21 just to get a CCL in Texas. I'm about to be 18, and would like to be able to open carry without having to wait until I'm 21.
You need to recheck the other states laws. In most of the states that require a permit to OC/CC the minimum age is 21. I believe the states you are thinking about are the ones that don't require a permit to OC at age 18.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

rpindy wrote:
Hi,
The legislative proposal we are trying to pass does not make any requirements for open carry licensing. What we are trying to do is decriminalize open carry. You would need to be 18 by federal law.