• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why do we need to carry everywhere?

Mungo

imported post

Her speech also makes you wonder about the sanity of complying with some "gun control" laws.

I'd gladly go to jail for carrying concealed if I had the opportunity to take that guy out that crashed in and began shooting. Or the guy on the VT campus. Or if I had been a teacher in Columbine.

partemisio

imported post

This is a very big reason why I carry everywhere:

"Jeremy Murrell – black, age 23 Sentenced to death in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
By: A jury
Date of crime: August 2003
Prosecution’s case/defense response: Lawrence Harding was kidnapped from the restaurant where he worked, robbed of $100, and shot twice. His body was found in the trunk of his car eight days later in Virginia. Murell was turned in by three of his Winston-Salem State University classmates after he bragged about the crime. The defense focused on Murrell’s troublesome childhood with a schizophrenic mother and a mentally unstable father.
Prosecutor(s): Jennifer Martin
Defense lawyer(s): Kevin Mauney
Sources: Associated Press 2/8/06, 2/18/06; Charlotte Observer 2/19/06"

My cousin is the one that was kidnapped and murdered. I wasn't old enough to carry back then, but it got me to start carrying once I was old enough. He would probably be alive right now if he had been carrying.

Mungo

imported post

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I've recently found this community after being frustrated with trying to carry concealed effectively. I do hope to increase awareness of OC. Maybe in the future less of this senseless stuff will occur.