Thread: is this for real??

Post imported post

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ...ionUpdate.html
    Sen. Dick Elliott (D-Horry) sponsored S. 1259 which would require serial numbers on handgun & "assault weapon" ammunition. If passed into law, this awful bill would have a serious negative impact on the cost of ammunition and probably cripple reloading by individual shooters. It is doubtful that this bill will go anywhere because it was introduced so late in this session. GrassRoots leaders believe this bill was introduced only to help Sen. Elliott with fund raising from anti-gun groups and to cause concern in the pro-gun community. GrassRoots will be closely watching this bill and will get a Senator to put the bill on the contested calendar if it starts to move. As we have seen so many times before, putting a bill on the contested calendar is a good way to kill it.
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess117_...bills/1259.htm

Post imported post

Oh, the "microstamping" crapola again. Amonumental and unworkable boondoggle that will only waste everyone's time and money. They do try, though,don't they?

Post imported post

Oh, the "microstamping" crapola again. Amonumental and unworkable boondoggle that will only waste everyone's time and money. They do try, though,don't they?

Post imported post

I hope the guy with the patent falls down a flight of stairs.

Soon.

Post imported post

It died in KY and MO and some other states as well although I don't recall which.

IIRC this "movement" was started by the company that developed the technology for bullet and brass microstamping.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    It died in KY and MO and some other states as well although I don't recall which.

IIRC this "movement" was started by the company that developed the technology for bullet and brass microstamping.
    Died in CA, too. And yes, it's only being pushed by the guys who invented it.

Post imported post

It died in AZ too; it never even got a committee hearing. One of the sponsors even rescinded his sponsorship and apologized as a result of a call from AZCDL.

That's according to a message I received from AZCDL when I wrote an email about my concern over the bill.

Post imported post

Chuck Anesi has a website where until recently he ran an article about the AZ "Microstamping Bill" which he said sounded like it was "written by a third-grader".

He then made a "decision tree" using computer coding symbols starting with "ROSCOE BELCHES HOT LEAD" and going through a series pf permutations (Perp known? - YES - microstamps superfluous - NO- bullet/casong found? NO (the likely case) YES- etcetera and at the end concluded that in one out of 500 gun murders you will be able to ask the buyer of some ammo how it came to beused in a crime, and "That and $3.50 will get you a cuppa coffee". Anesi is a great de-boolcrapifier and I reccommend his site to everyone, just on G.P. s

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    It isn't microstamping. It's simply ammo that is coded and put in a database. In other words, you buy ammo at the store, the government knows you bought ammo. Supposedly a bullet recovered would have the numbered coding on it and they would look it up in their database and know who bought the ammo.

Sure that sounds all well and good (other than violating our rights) until you realize that it doesn't tell who shot the ammo, only who bought it.

Which is why gun (and ammo) registration does not work and is only there to track law abiding gun owners.