• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

high capacity mags?

rod

imported post

I can't think of any sites that list each state. My Google-Fu isn't that strong today. I'd guess that you'd have to search each state individually or maybe look at Cheaper-than-Dirt or Sportsman Warehouse.They might have a list of all the evil stuff banned in each state.

sportwinger

imported post

Thanks I just thought maybe someone may know of a list of all states

I'm going to be traveling and do not want to get caught with to many bullets in my side arm

Icarus

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
Check California real close.

Definitely - possession of standard capacity mags is NOT a crime in California. And the rest of the law is next to unenforceable.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It has teeth if you bring a gun into California on a visit. It won't be hard to "prove" you brought those standard-cap mags with you, being that it's impossible to buy them in-state, and all. :quirky

rod

imported post

Icarus wrote:
streetdoc wrote:
Check California real close.

Definitely - possession of standard capacity mags is NOT a crime in California. And the rest of the law is next to unenforceable.
That's exactly right. They banned normal capacity mags in 2000, but if you owned them before 2000, you could keep them. Re-build kits are big in CA. It's legal to buy, import, and sell re-build kits for any size mag and the kits contain everything you need to build a complete mag.

acrimsontide

imported post

sportwinger wrote:
Thanks I just thought maybe someone may know of a list of all states

I'm going to be traveling and do not want to get caught with to many bullets in my side arm
As you probavly already know, it's not just the number of rounds in your firearm, but the capacity as well. In some states, such as California, it is illegal to have a magazine that will hold more than 10 rounds. A 12 round magazine loaded with only 10 rounds is still illegal.

AbNo

imported post

I know not of these high-capacity magazines you speak of.

I know many states allow regular or full capacity magazines, and many are restricted to low-cap mags, but I know of no hi-caps. ;)

sportwinger

imported post

What I was asking was about states that have restrictions on even stock mags. most of mine are 15 to 18 rounds so I don't want to go in a state carrying and get in trouble

Thundar

imported post

AbNo wrote:
I know not of these high-capacity magazines you speak of.

I know many states allow regular or full capacity magazines, and many are restricted to low-cap mags, but I know of no hi-caps. ;)
Funny thing happened. After my boat sank with all of my guns, my bug out trailer opened up while I was driving. When I got to my camp, I discovered all of my magazines had fallen out of the open door and were lost.