• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 textured grip by Hatfield Gunsmiffin'

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just had my old school 2nd gen Glock 19 texturized because it's really slick by a new NoVA gunsmith (NoVA needed another great gunsmith) he also undercut the trigger guard so I can get a little higher up on the gun. I felt his aggressive grip and it was a little too rough and would catch on my clothes and eat up my shirts. So I asked for something softer for non-slip but something that wouldn't snag. It turned out great.
The name of the gunsmith who worked on my Glock 19 is Sam Hatfield (yes like the Hatfield/McCoys!:p). He did a fantastic job, and turnaround can't be beat. I'm going to have him do a grip reduction on my wifes G19 3rd gen with a grip chop so it'll take Glock 26 mags. M4C member Trio had that done to his G19 2nd gen by Hatfield as well. I saw it when I was dropping mine off.

Sam Hatfield is located in Manassas VA in Old Town. He's a former US Army AMU gunsmith. I've handed some other stuff he's worked on and he does some incredible work. He specializes in 1911s. He can be reached at 703.369.GUNS or on his website at http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/

hatfieldgrip.jpg

hatfieldgrip14.jpg

hatfieldgrip2.jpg

hatfieldgrip10.jpg

hatfieldgrip3.jpg

razor_baghdad

imported post

That's a great looking grip!!

He did good work for ya!! I might pick up a 19 with max-cap if the grip could be configured like that..

Thanks for the link and phone #'s...gonna check it fo sho.

nova

imported post

That's a nice looking grip. I've seen a lot over at GlockTalk and I think this one looks the best. :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Yup I saw Trios 2nd Gen 17 chopped to a 26 today. Very slick, I did a double take when I saw the OP's Glock. I'm thinking about having mine chopped to a 19 size and stippled.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had Sam do my 3rd gen OD Glock 17 as well. It turned out very nice also. The last two pics are what the 2-dot Warren night sights look like.

rightside4.jpg

leftside2.jpg

rightside3.jpg

leftside.jpg

reargripandsight.jpg

frontsight.jpg

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

To gotm4;

I'm pretty sure I handled your Glock 17 in the picture last Saturday morning. He has my Glock 23 for some smoothing out of the trigger action. I already have a 3.5 Ghost connector on it, but I would like to have the feel improved a bit. I'll report how it is when I get it back.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
To gotm4;

I'm pretty sure I handled your Glock 17 in the picture last Saturday morning. He has my Glock 23 for some smoothing out of the trigger action. I already have a 3.5 Ghost connector on it, but I would like to have the feel improved a bit. I'll report how it is when I get it back.
Sorry for the necropost:

That OD Glock 17 is now famous or infamous depends on how you look at it. :cool:

I used that green Glock 17 in the video "Art of the Tactical Carbine 2" by Magpul Dynamics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQTpTljLz8
That's me in the Daniel Defense hat and VR28 Oakleys M-Frames.

ed

Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
I had him work on my Colt Delta ELite 10mm the week he opened. The grill right around the corner (I can't remember the name) is OC friendly and is run by a greek guy named NICK that used to Run PJ Skidoos in Fairfax in the 80's.

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
I had him work on my Colt Delta ELite 10mm the week he opened. The grill right around the corner (I can't remember the name) is OC friendly and is run by a greek guy named NICK that used to Run PJ Skidoos in Fairfax in the 80's.
Fosters Grill? I know they're friendly at all locations I've been to.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nova wrote:
ed wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
Same here I've OCd at the Old Town one and the one in Marshall with no problems.

ed

imported post

nova wrote:
ed wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
it is not fosters

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
nova wrote:
ed wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
it is not fosters
City Tavern Grill? (Just listing different places nearby)

ed

imported post

nova wrote:
ed wrote:
nova wrote:
ed wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
it is not fosters
City Tavern Grill? (Just listing different places nearby)
Thats it! :celebrate

VaLiberty

imported post

gotm4 wrote:
He specializes in 1911s.
Can anyone comment on his 1911 work? I've had some 'work' done on mine that I'd like to have re-done, and some additional work performed as well.