Thread: Why Carry at Tysons Corner Mall?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Why Carry at Tysons Corner Mall?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...rner-Mall.html

Shopper Attacked, Slashed at Tysons Galleria Attacker tried to cut purse strap
    Updated 2:33 PM EST, Tue, Nov 25, 2008

WRC
    A shopper is robbed and attacked outside the Neiman Marcus at Tysons Corner.

Watch Video

A woman was slashed with a knike during a robbery at Tysons Galleria.

Woman Slashed, Robbed at Tysons Galleria Mall

Fairfax County police are investigating an attack on a shopper outside Tysons Galleria Monday night.

A man with a knifesnuck up on a woman as she walkedoutside the doors of Neiman Marcus around 7:30 p.m.

Police said the man tried to cut the woman's purse strap to stealthe bag.

She was walking in the parking lot alone and fought off the attacker. During the fight, she was cut with the knife on her hand. The woman wastaken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Her purse was found near the scene by police.

The attacker was described as an Asian man, 25-35 years old, about 5 feet 4 inches tall and 140 pounds. He was wearing a gray hoodie and black pants.

K-9 units searched the area but did not find anyone meeting the attacker's description.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Authorities also warn residents to be alert and safe when out and about this holiday season.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

OH MY GOD! I never leave my gun behind!!

It is useless in your car! I am guessing the mall prohibits guns?

Post imported post

I hear ya. I have a carry permit for just those times. If they do not ask they will not know. And even then they have no right to search me so I am not going to tell on myself.

We all know the people intending to harm others are not going to pay attention to a sign.

At best... it is a "feel good" item to make customers feel safe.

EDIT: Spelling

Post imported post

I agree.

open carry at tysons mall

I have open carried at tysons mall many times with a full size 9mm never had a problem. I have seen a sign anywhere stating that guns are not allowed.

What's with all the three year old threads getting resurrected today?

Newbies reviewing old threads and commenting.

Note that "opencarrypalmtrees" joined in August 2011 and has logged 13 posts

Saw this thread was 2 years old but wanted to bump it-

Going to Tysons tonight. Is the mall carry / OC friendly or should I CC?

Or, is anti signage clearly posted so I should plan to leave it in the car?
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

There is a sign to the left of the entrance by the food court/movie theater that states no weapons allowed and goes on to list, knives, guns, and I forget what other weapons are listed or if any others are listed.

Wow, never noticed a sign. I've CCd there many times. Shows how useless those signs are.
    "If I don't deserve the credit, then why do I deserve the blame?" - Peacemaker by The Steeldrivers

I go to movies at AMC and never noticed a sign either. I'm glad this is Virginia.

I missed a sign earlier this year at Pentagon Centre Mall and was approached by security who acted inappropriately but they also called an Arlington PD LEO who was very chill and 2A supporter. Didn't even ask for ID- just casual conversation. God bless the Ole Dominion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

At the glass doors look all the way to the left by the wall in one of the lower corners, its on a normal 8x11 sheet of paper. Then again someone might of torn it down lol