Thread: forfeits licence

, ,

Post imported post

Man with gun under pillow forfeits licence
    TueNov25, 11:11amET
    BERLIN (Reuters) – A German man who slept with a loaded revolver under his pillow has lost his gun license after a court ruled it to be irresponsible behavior.

The 56-year-old was stripped of his license for failing to store the weapon properly, Braunschweig administrative court judge Torsten Baumgarten told Reuters Tuesday. The gun was only discovered by chance during a police inspection.

"His home was being checked because he had threatened to throw a hand grenade if the city council approved plans to build a high-voltage power line in his neighborhood," Baumgarten said. "The decision to take his license was made independently."

Baumgarten said the ruling, which sets a legal precedent in Germany, in effect outlaws sleeping on top of a firearm -- because the owner of the gun is not in control of the weapon and is therefore putting himself and others at risk.

"Anyone could come along and take the gun away from him, his wife for example," Baumgarten said. The man, who also owned several other weapons, said he kept the gun under his pillow because he feared burglars.

(Reporting by Josie Cox; Editing by Charles Dick)

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

Post imported post

Oh, is that what they call warrantless searches in Germany? "Police inspections?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Southeast, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

Conducted by the Special Services Division?

Well I think there are a couple of lessons here.

1) In Germany, don't threaten to throw hand grenades - just do it

2) German wives are prone to taking their husbands guns - but nobody knows why

3) In Germany, if you want a firearm nearby when sleeping the court prefers you sleep with it in your hand with your finger on the trigger to ensure that you are in control of it (see number 2) so you don't put other at risk

4) Dude, what the hell is wrong with German people? - Kyle Broflovski
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Evanston, Wyoming, USA

Post imported post

"Anyone could come along and take the gun away from him, his wife for example," Baumgarten said. The man, who also owned several other weapons, said he kept the gun under his pillow because he feared burglars."

If anyone could just "come along and take the gun away from him"in his house, it'd be a burgler, which is why the man had the pistol in the first place. Plus the burgler would have to know about the pistol and where it was, andno burgler in his right mind would hit a house where he knew the owner was armed.

And what's so hazardous about aman's wife getting her hands ona pistol?German "officials" are as stupid as the ones here in the USA.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Newport News, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

No fair putting this in the PA section. I thought thishappened inBerlin, PA until I was half way through the article.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776