• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats wrong with you Pennsylvania carriers?

imported post

Why are you stirring up waves? Are you trying to ruin it for people with PA LCTF? I have onefrom Chester County, and I am ashamed of you as fellow gun owners, especially soccer mom! Try living in Texas where mere printing will get you put in JAIL, or were you have to leave your gun in a car if there is a no-gun sign! Or New Mexico where if you go into Ponderosa RESTAURANT and they serve beer you are a FELON!. You idiots! You're going to get "no weapons " signs posted everywhere! There are no restrictions in PA compared to other states. What issue are you trying to prove. Conceal your gun. Let the holsterpeek fromunder your tee shirt if you feel the need to show off to everyone that you have that gun on to make you feel like a big man! I don't want to hear about educating people about OC. That is BS. EVERY PA carrier I know conceals. GROW UP!

If the moderators flag this then they are anti american. I have the right to speak my mind just like you do!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

We understand and appreciate your concerns.

There are numerous threads about "why we OC." Perhaps a few minutes reading will help understanding.

ogroup

imported post

Good point, Here in PA there are very little restrictions. So be stupid and they will start showing "no weapon" everywhere. Then you OC only around your house "Big deal"

BTW do you see the cities Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh with there BS with there rules starting to popup.

imported post

I read it, and I understand it. Again there are no issues in PA. This is a BIG gun state. We don't have Gestapo police like in Virginia. We don't have restrictions. What are the issues here? No one has ever had a LCTF revoked b/c of printing or b/c the wind blew his/her shirt up exposing the firearm. There was an artice in the Patriot (Harrisburg News). Why do we need THIS kind of publicity. It makes us look like idiots! Everyone I talked to said that was not the place to walk around with an open pistol. She was not "educating" anyone. The parents were in FEAR! I don't blame them. What point are you trying to prove at a soccer game? If you want to carry like that move to WY where is is part of the culture. This is PA. You are going to get restrictions that we don't want or need. I don't like restrictions. YES you can OC in PA legally, what's the point? People look at you like you are an oddball and children ask questions. Not everyone wants their kids to be around guns. That is THEIR right, just like it's my right to own one. Should gays kiss in front of your children b/c it's their right?

imported post

Bait? I'm not a troll. Just a pissed off holder of LTCF. You have problems in VA. It's your police, and you elected officials. Who ever heard of a $3,500 fine for a traffic ticket? There are no issues in PA and we want to keep it that way. I have had many encounters with the police while carrying. Showed my LCTF and it was a non-issue. Not disarmed, lectured or anything. Again there is no issue here. I am sorry you have so many problems with the police in Virginia! Like I said signs are next here in PA! Make an issue in VA where you have to get your rights restored. Don't drag people in my state into it!

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

EVERY PA carrier I know conceals.
Obviously you don't know many Pennsylvanians. I open carry. You don't know me. I even open carry at my borough's council meetings (and when I was Borough Council President I open carried). Guess what? Nobody said one word about it. Oh, my Borough Secretary/Treasurer complained the one time I forgot to open carry.

Attend a PAFOA open carry dinner. Then you'll meet plenty of Pennsylvania carriers that open carry, in public, with the families, with kids present, with total strangers present.

Perhaps you're the one with unresolved issues. I feel totally comfortable with my totally legal method of carry. Personally, I could give a rat's ass about what others may think.

imported post

You're right, I don't know you. I must travel ina different circle. I used to own a store. Never been robbed, but I know people who have. I sat behind a counter. If someone came in wearing a gun that did not look like a cop I would have a pistol pointed at them from under the counter! I am serious about that. In this day and age you DON'T know someones intentions. If it's concealed I don't know you're armed unless you pull it out to rob my store. If it's open I know you have it, so I am gonna have a barrel on you. You point justifies doing that. I DON'T KNOW YOU, or your intentions! I don't care if you have a Desantis holster on. Criminals wear holsters too.

Springfield45

imported post

concealed4safety wrote:
You're right, I don't know you. I must travel ina different circle. I used to own a store. Never been robbed, but I know people who have. I sat behind a counter. If someone came in wearing a gun that did not look like a cop I would have a pistol pointed at them from under the counter! I am serious about that. In this day and age you DON'T know someones intentions. If it's concealed I don't know you're armed unless you pull it out to rob my store. If it's open I know you have it, so I am gonna have a barrel on you. You point justifies doing that. I DON'T KNOW YOU, or your intentions! I don't care if you have a Desantis holster on. Criminals wear holsters too.

You sir, are a Fool.
Your statements frighten me.

...........:banghead:

~~Springfield

SIGguy229

imported post

Troll4safety...
How many BGs open carry in a holster?

You actions (of drawing your weapon for no reason) are going to get you in trouble...brandishing, assault w/a deadly weapon.

You need to dial it down a bit....

imported post

I don't own a store any more. How is having a pistol out of sight under a counter brandishing? So you're telling me all armed robbers carryIsraeli Carry? All I can say is go ahead a OC in the Indiana PA meeting. Don't try it in West Chester or Philly!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just drop it, fellas.

The only time anybody like this has ever changed their mind was after reading around the forum for themselves to get a broader perspective. Or, after LOTS of patient friendly discussion--which is not guaranteed to work. You can waste a lot of time if the person doesn't changehis mind. Arguing and name calling certainly aren't going to persuade.

The key factor is not what they think; but that they are so emotional they start with an attack. Forget the opinion for the moment. Its less important. What is more important is that the person holding the opinion is so emotional on the subject that his first post is an attack. You won't change the emotion holding the opinion in placewithout potentionally a lot of effort on your part. And even if you do, you may end up with someone who reverts to type and frequently attacks posters as other points come up that violatetheir senseof "the way things should be."

Best to just quietly invite thesefolks to find out more.

trailblazer2003

imported post

concealed4safety wrote:
Pointing a loaded gun at a person when there is no basis for that action can hem you up in court.

Also, Israeli carry is carrying loaded with no bullet in the pipe. I would say most criminals perfer Mexican carry, in the waistband, or similar.

codename_47

imported post

If someone came in wearing a gun that did not look like a cop I would have a pistol pointed at them from under the counter!

I can't resist. What exactly does a cop look like? If you can't be sure of their intentions, then couldn't a cop also be a threat or someone that looks like a cop?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GUYS!!!

Why are you debating points with him?

He cares so strongly about his concerns--meaning he is so emotional on the subject-- that he made his first post an open-handed attack. On fellow 2A'ers, no less.

For comparison, think about all the possible other ways he could have introduced himself and expressed his concerns. For example, "I know you all support the 2nd Amendment, but I can't get over worrying that this Melanie Haine thingmight blow up on us. Can someone help me with some info?"

And lets say he did calm down on this exact point. Remember JohnnyB, 33femtis, brokenarrows? Even after they calmed down on their initial point, they were so abrasive, it wasn't much fun having them around.

ITS THEIR EMOTIONALISM, their lack of rationality, their lack of civility that tells the tale. Not their momentary opinion. Not their debate points.

imported post

All I am saying is I don't want some court to decide I can carry concealed here or there because someone made and issue, some citizens complained and politicians responded. I don't want restrictions. I don't want agressive cops. I don't want to live in fear. Kind of like the fear I have every time I drive on I-95 in Virginia. Am I going to get stopped by one of the hundreds of powder blue sedans that line I-95.Am I gonna get dragged out of my car if I say I have a gun. Or the fear of a $3,500 speeding ticket! A police force that does this:

http://www.futurehead.org/futurehead/2007/08/virginias-3500-.html

Can't be trusted!

imported post

I am going to go to Dickson City. If I find one "No Firearms" sign posted since the incident. I am gonna get me a lawyer too and sue the people who took my rights away by causing the restriction!

Springfield45

imported post

concealed4safety wrote:
I am going to go to Dickson City. If I find one "No Firearms" sign posted since the incident. I am gonna get me a lawyer too and sue the people who took my rights away by causing the restriction!
Why are you so worried about "No Firearms" Signs ? They don't mean squat in Pennsylvania anyway....

Good lord man ... get a grip

:banghead::banghead:

~~Springfield

gl23

imported post

concealed4safety wrote:
I don't own a store any more. How is having a pistol out of sight under a counter brandishing? So you're telling me all armed robbers carryIsraeli Carry? All I can say is go ahead a OC in the Indiana PA meeting. Don't try it in West Chester or Philly!
Don't try it in West Chester? I live here and open carry almost daily, in and out of too many places to name. As for OC in Philly, been there, done that, been stopped by Philly PD at a Wawa. The officer ran my LTCF, gave it back and said "Have a nice day" Also have been in West Chester Wawa and had WC PD and West Goshen PD officers stroll in and they said NOTHING. They know the law here, and respect it. Maybe you have some other reason not to OC in those places, I don't.