• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I bought a Sig Sauer P239 .40 last weekend

wayneco

imported post

I bought a Sig Sauer P239 .40 last weekend at Mark Fore and Strike in Reno. This thing is a beauty, destined to be my concealed carry gun.

This will somewhat replace my Sig Sauer P229 .40 as my standard open and concealed carry gun.

For open carry when I'm out in nature, I prefer my Sig P220 combat w/ threaded barrel .45 in a drop-down thigh rig... it's big and bold.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

its a decent weapon, but I'd rather have a Glock.

Good thing about Sigs is that they have a trigger reset, just like Glocks and AR15 style rifles. That means that you only have to press the trigger about 1/4 inch then let it out and press it again. You'll hear a little *click* TRy it out with some snap caps. Sig pistols are also the only one manufactures with a slide release. Most all other pistols just have a slide stop.