• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry for work

nickbeam775

imported post

i just moved to utah and love it here i am a repo agent for a living and i live in sandy i have been a gun owner and avid hunter for a while and two weeks ago i was at work and had a man pull out and point a shotgun at me so i started doing some reaserch on carryinga gun here i am taking my ccw class on the 6th of november but i still have some time to wait for my permit i was just curions if anyone had any input on if i will get any crap from local pd if i am oc without my ccw or if i should just wait until i get my ccw thanks

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah I didn't even try. I can comprehend quite a bit, but without any syntax a block of text like that looks like some sort of cipher. My brain just doesn't interpret it as legible English prose.

mzbk2l

imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
i just moved to utah and love it here i am a repo agent for a living and i live in sandy i have been a gun owner and avid hunter for a while and two weeks ago i was at work and had a man pull out and point a shotgun at me so i started doing some reaserch on carryinga gun here i am taking my ccw class on the 6th of november but i still have some time to wait for my permit i was just curions if anyone had any input on if i will get any crap from local pd if i am oc without my ccw or if i should just wait until i get my ccw thanks
Welcome nickbeam! You might want to post your question in the Utah forum down near the bottom of the main page. You'll get more responses from people in your situation, and maybe not some of the less helpful responses you see in General Discussion.

AbNo

imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
Hmm, let me take a stab at this....

I just moved to Utah and love it here.

I work as a repo agent for a living in the town of Sandy. (?)

I have been a gun owner and an avid hunter for a while.

Two weeks ago I was at work and a man drew a shotgun and pointed it at me, so I started doing some research on carrying a gun here.

I am taking a CCW class on the Sixth of November. (this was posted 26 November?)

I still have some time to wait for my permit.

I was curious if anyone had any input on whether I would get crap from my local PD if I OC without a carry permit, or if I should just wait for my CCW to arrive.

Thanks.

Also, perhaps this should be moved to the Utah section. Mod, please? :)

makorov9x18

imported post

Alright, first of all you guys are being dumb jerks.:cuss: What was written was easily understandable!!!!

Second, this is the right section to ask a question (according the section title).

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

makorov9x18 wrote:
Alright, first of all you guys are being dumb jerks.:cuss: What was written was easily understandable!!!!

Second, this is the right section to ask a question (according the section title).

Ah no, his question is very specific to the area that he lives, so it should be posted in that section. As far as people being jerks,there is no reason that we shouldn't expect people to at least TRY to utilize the english language in the correct manner.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question...I say if open carry is legal where you live, then go for it. I open carried before I had my permit as well. You shouldn't have to hide behind some permission slip to exercise a right that you already have the freedom to exercise.