• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spoke with Sheriff Welch of Chester County

imported post

She said the LTCF is valid only for concealed carry, and it says so in the statute. She said OC does not require a license and her deputies would follow procedure stopping someone for OC. They would not draw down on someone unless that person made a threatening move.It was her opinion that a township officer may draw down on someone OC'ing until they make a determination that the person is not prohibited. She said a LTCF would show a person is not prohibited, but has no bearing on OC. She also said that OC in an "anomaly" in the law, and when enough people are scared by the people who OC at soccer games, she is sure the legislature would close that loop hole. She said if one of her deputies was seen OC with a badge on his belt while off duty she would lecture him about why he feels the need to show his authority in a reckless manner. Byher policy herdeputiesmust conceal when Off D and when carrying on HR 218 out of state BY LAW. The only exception would be a detective while On D in plainclothes. She said she would never OC while off duty.

Although it is technically legal, law enforcement takes a dim view of OC as do most citizens and LCTF holders. you are in a minority and people look at you like you are a nut IMHO!

david.ross

imported post

A law enforcement or peace officer drawing a firearm on a person OCing will create opportunity for a lawsuit, doing so is ill advised. Doesn't matter if the person drawing the gun is a police officer or not, the act would be unlawful. If an officer draws on me, they can expect a lawsuit.

Everyone has their opinion, law enforcement is split. Many higher officials in Pittsburgh, while think OC is sort of odd, respect OCing and will not interfere.

So, buddy, you should get your information from more than one source.

Actually, no, they will not do anything about open carrying, many people feel, even non-gun people OCing is better than CCing since you KNOW they have a weapon.

rady8um

imported post

Thanks for clearing that up. I do believe everyone here has seen the light and will no longer exercise their 2A right.

However, I'm sure they will continue to be ever so grateful to the powers that be who graciously allow the common citizen the "privilege" of carrying concealed.

Come on man, give it up. Do you think this shit hasn't been beat to death a hundred times before. Why would you think a site dedicated to open carry would have members influenced to stop open carrying because of a conversation you had with some sheriff? Nobody cares what she thinks about open carry. It's legal.

You may not agree with open carry, but your wasting your virtual ink if you think people will stop carrying openlybecause yet another newbie "knows" what will happen if they upset another sheep.

This is not meant as a personal attack, just an observation.

Read and learn my friend.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Let it go guys.

He's a troll. His first post was a blatant attack on OC. The thread he started was locked. After he threatened to sue OCersif he found they"caused" no-gun-zone signs to be put up in Dickson City.

He's just at it again.

Just ignore him.