• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Operation Lone Star Thunder radio campaign commences Tuesday 2 Dec., only $720 still needed!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

What appears to be our last big push starts Tuesday and people and really going to HEAR about it - but we need your help - $1,500 of help is needed by midnight Sunday, 30 November.

With your help we will reach our last big metro market - and a pro-gun one at that - Dallas-Ft. Worth!

If you have a few bucks to spare, now would be the time . . .

Contribute to
http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.htmlnow.

**Again, this is probably our last big push in Texas because the legislature mees in January and adjourns just a few weeks later - based upon our experience marketing our cause in Texas, we will re-cock and target one or two of the other states, like next, so give now no matter what state you are from, we will not forget your state in the future!**
Black_Ops_Meter.jpg

OpenCarry.org's Operation Lone-Star Thunder

Let Our Voices Ring Out Like Thunder!
With billboards in both San Antonio and in Houston, and with the taxi's rolling our message out to Austin every day, we now turn our attention to the airwaves!

We have an opportunity to place radio ads in the Dallas-Ft Worth metroplex! With this buy, we will have taken our message to all of the major markets in Texas.

Thanks to your support and some savings achieved in other campaigns thanks to Lori, we already have most of the money we need to blanket the airwaves in DFW. But we still need another $1,500 to allow us to run the ads starting the week after Thanksgiving and rollin' non-stop until the week before Christmas across a half dozen stations.

This is the end-game folks. We need to keep getting signatures on the petition and attention on our cause right up until the beginning of the legislative session.

If you have not donated yet, or have a little left to give, now would be the time.

Anyone donating $25 or more dollars who is not already a Founder's Club or Centurion member will have their member status updated to "Lone Star Thunder Veteran."

We Still Need
$1,500

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Make that $1,475!
Lets keep this ball rolling HOT all the way to the legislature! I am posting links to the petition and OCDO every were I see an opportunity. There are many pro-gun pro-2A groups on Facebook and every time I find one, I join and post the petition and OCDO! Any other forums/websites/groups that you belong to or can join would be great!
Also, lots of people that have never owned guns before are hanging out at places like Academy and Gander Mountain looking at pistols! I have found that many of the people that work in these stores are not overly knowledgeable and appreciate a little friendly help in determining the needs of these new comers. And the newcomers appreciate being able to get knowledgeable (non sales related) answers and info. This also provides an opportunity to tell the newcomers as well as the sales people about OCDO and the movement for OC! I haven't had any negative response yet and a few have logged on to the website right there and signed the petition!!!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

For you folks that are not yet members of the OpenCarry face book team, here is what I just messaged everyone:

--
SUBJECT: Will you join me in executing Operation Lone Star Thunder?

To members of Open Carry Movement

Dear OpenCarry Group Team:

Thanks to your help, we fully funded the I-35 bill board in San Antonio to stand tall thru January!

And now we are going to double down on our success - with a MASSIVE radio ad blitz across the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex blasting open carry call to action messages via 6 top listener radio stations - Operation Lone Star Thunder!

This is our last big push in Texas - the Texas legislature meets in January - and we are going to drive the publicity meter off the map and raise the online petition count by the thousands with this campaign. And we will take what we learn from this campaign to other states in the coming months.

I realize we are "going to the well" again shortly after the last request - but hey - pay day is almost here!, and if you can spare $25 or more we will update your profile on OpenCarry.org to "Operation Lone Star Thunder Veteran." Donate here: http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

And please check out and forward to your lists and blogs the following link: http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html - this link is our call to action, so post it far and wide across the Internet ASAP - like TODAY!

See you on the front lines of freedom!

Mike Stollenwerk
co-founder, OpenCarry.org

paramedic70002

imported post

You might want to revise that radio spot a bit. The part about "opencarry.org wants to change that..." seems a bit over the top. I would not want any group to come into my state and change it's laws, and having married a Texan, I doubt they will have much love for it either. Perhaps if it said, "Texas and freedom loving members of OC.com..." it would go over a lot better.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's strong, I like it and I agree with paramedic70002about the wording. It could frighten the non-believers. Also I think a woman's voice is more comforting and might garner the support of more women, which is important. Nice work.

TFred

imported post

cccook wrote:
It's strong, I like it and I agree with paramedic70002about the wording. It could frighten the non-believers. Also I think a woman's voice is more comforting and might garner the support of more women, which is important. Nice work.
Seems to make sense about the wording... probably good to make sure to explicitly include Texans... the message needs to say "we Texans want this to change."

Ha ha, maybe you could recruit Lori to do it? She has contributed so much already... but I bet a lot of folks who have seen her billboard would love to know what her voice sounds like! :quirky

TFred

Conagher

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've been off-line for a week, but just threw in another C-note. I you don't need it here, please use it towards the billboards, taxis or where ever it is needed.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I just put in my $25 and I changed the top of the petition to include the donation link for the radio ads.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thank you Ianmtx for getting the ball rolling to begin with. You're a great Texan. I'm proud to be a small part of this snowball.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
You might want to revise that radio spot a bit. The part about "opencarry.org wants to change that..." seems a bit over the top. I would not want any group to come into my state and change it's laws, and having married a Texan, I doubt they will have much love for it either. Perhaps if it said, "Texas and freedom loving members of OC.com..." it would go over a lot better.

I just listened to the spot, I agree, tweak it a bit ;)

And definitely get a lady to do a version if you can. Try to dispel that guns are a 'guys only' club. There are lots of women in TX who will say 'right on'. Get the ladies on board.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Shorts wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

I just listened to the spot, I agree, tweak it a bit ;)

And definitely get a lady to do a version if you can. Try to dispel that guns are a 'guys only' club. There are lots of women in TX who will say 'right on'. Get the ladies on board.
we do have a lady spot now and it will play.