• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Operation Lone Star Thunder radio campaign commences Tuesday 2 Dec., only $720 still needed!

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think I like the message in the otherone better, specifically the part about Texas being one of six states banning the open carry of a firearm.

baseballguy2001

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Donation Details
Confirmation number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Donation amount:$25.00
USD Total:$25.00
USDPurpose: OCDO Lone Star Thunder
Contributor: Tim

I donated first, then joined the forum. Oh well. I heard the ad today on the radio, glad I could help a bit.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

baseballguy2001 wrote:
Donation Details
Confirmation number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Donation amount:$25.00
USD Total:$25.00
USDPurpose: OCDO Lone Star Thunder
Contributor: Tim

I donated first, then joined the forum. Oh well. I heard the ad today on the radio, glad I could help a bit.
Great, did the ad sound good?

baseballguy2001

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yes, a womans voice, a short, but informative spot. We are all talking about it at my office. The kids (younger workers) thought open carry was not a good idea. When I took five minutes and explained that the same arguments they had about open carry were around when CHL legislation was first proposed, and then I showed them the CHL stats, almost all of them changed their tune. The ads are helping to start a conversation is which what is needed.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Notso wrote:
Is there a list of stations somewhere that are running the spots?

[align=left]KRLD-AM News Talk [/align]
[align=left]KVIL Lite Rock[/align]
[align=left]KMVK Rhythmic Hot AC[/align]
[align=left]KLUV Classic Hits[/align]
[align=left]KLLI Talk[/align]
[align=left]KJKK Adult Hits[/align]

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Hey, are we still a little short on cash?

John will be updating this today hopefully - am pretty sure we collected a little more than enough to pay the Dallas bill, and now we want to see if folks want to double down and launch a wave of radio ads in San Antonio and/or Houston.

I thank all teh donoros so far and think that this campaign is having a huge effect already!