Thread: Looking for good CHP class in NOVA

Post imported post

I won't be 21 till next November, but my dad asked me about getting a CHP which if you all know my background I was ecstatic!!! Anyways I wanted to find a good CHP class in northern virginia that both my dad and I can take together. Thanks!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

We are located in Richmond if you want to make the drive down and we'd be happy to help you.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

pourshot offers classes

gilberts small arms offers classes in Lorton

pretty much any range will offer basic pistol classes that will satisfy the CHP requirement

Post imported post

Furr Supply Co. 703-620-0441, also does training for UTAH permit.

Post imported post

Gilberts was booked and I didn't want to fool around with being a standby so I took the class offered at Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Signed my whole family up so we all are now good to get permits.

I used the certifcate to get my ME permit since I can't get a VA permit for another year and a half. It's complicated, but once I get my NH permit in the mail I'll be able to carry while in PA since I spend a lot of time there.

I'll just continue to OC in VA until I can get my permit.

Post imported post

http://www.safepistol.com/

Classes taught by Chip Lohman. Has legal classes taught by Richard Gardiner.

After the classroom portion Chip takes you to the NRA range in Fairfax for hands on familiarization, and issues certificates for proof of training for CHP.

Wound up Lisa so much she decided she wanted to become an NRA certified instructor.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

The Arliington/Fairfax chapter of the Izaac Walton League offers the full blown 2-day NRA course. I think it's $20 for members and $40 for non-members. I have been a member since '94. One of the best kept secrets in the area. We have 140 acres at the southwest corner of Fairfax County a short ways from Centreville. Rifle, handgun, shotgun, archery, a stocked fishing pond, and camping facilities.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I was at Gilbert's this morning. They run classes on Mon & Wed from 6-10. Heard one of the employees talking to someone on the phone about the classes, they are booked up until mid-Jan.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Bill Clark offers NOVA classes: http://www.discovershooting.net and learn2shoot@discovershooting.net

He's in the Fairfax area, I think.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Sam Hatfield at www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com or 703.369.GUNS does training for $50 (He's in Old Town Manassas, VA).
    armorer & notary public for VA Arms Co FFL/SOT
    https://www.facebook.com/virginiaarmscompany

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I won't be 21 till next November, but my dad asked me about getting a CHP which if you all know my background I was ecstatic!!! Anyways I wanted to find a good CHP class in northern virginia that both my dad and I can take together. Thanks!
    i just took Mike Wilson's class this week and it was pretty good. $75
    http://users.rcn.com/sybaris/

Post imported post

www.ddsta.com
    www.millerserve.com ask for howard miller if they offer any course. He has 30 years of experience.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    pourshot offers classes

gilberts small arms offers classes in Lorton

pretty much any range will offer basic pistol classes that will satisfy the CHP requirement
    pourshot is at http://www.4permits.com or 4permits@gmail.com
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

The NRA range offers in-house classes, as well. A coworker of mine recently took his class there and had nothing but good things to say. It's a little pricey, though...

Post imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
    I saw that online and felt very uncomfortable when he sent an e-mail back to me. For some reason it didn't feel legit to me. Seem like an automatic message was sent to whoever e-mails him, so I didn't know if it was real or not.

I did like how he does the class very often and for a good price. Do you have any more information to offer from your experience?

Post imported post

Vertflex wrote:
    tsannicolas wrote:
    I saw that online and felt very uncomfortable when he sent an e-mail back to me. For some reason it didn't feel legit to me. Seem like an automatic message was sent to whoever e-mails him, so I didn't know if it was real or not.

I did like how he does the class very often and for a good price. Do you have any more information to offer from your experience?
    Yeah, i felt the same way at first. but it's definitely a legitimate class. It's a small class format that is very hands on, and he offers range time if you get a day class. Just a word of caution, if you decide to do the class, make sure that you receive ALL of the emails, especially the 3rd one as it contains the address of the actual class. Hope this helps.

Post imported post

Me and my friends took a class taught by Mr. Mike Wilson (gun_training@yahoo.com) in Alexandria. It was an excellent class. As I understand Mr. Wilson has 12 years teaching experience and it shows because he is an excellent teacher.

Post imported post

Check out the course offered at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly before you decide.

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/inde...&Itemid=58

Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Greg Stone offers classes in Sterling, VA http://www.g3securitygroup.com and was just written up in Miss A's blog. http://tinyurl.com/askmissa about his Ladies only class.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    The Arliington/Fairfax chapter of the Izaac Walton League offers the full blown 2-day NRA course. I think it's $20 for members and $40 for non-members. I have been a member since '94. One of the best kept secrets in the area. We have 140 acres at the southwest corner of Fairfax County a short ways from Centreville. Rifle, handgun, shotgun, archery, a stocked fishing pond, and camping facilities.
    +1

Paul took me out one day to show me the facilities. It was AMAZING
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    +1

Paul took me out one day to show me the facilities. It was AMAZING
    I've got my bedroom window open since it's so nice out. I can hear them shooting as I type this.

Jody, I agree with you,

I took the class from Mr. Mike Wilson the pistol teacher in Alexandria a few years ago and several of my friends have taken the class since. I was very impressed with the number of handguns we worked with. Every one of us received our permits from our counties with no problems. I recommend this class to everyone.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPJohnson View Post
    I took the class from Mr. Mike Wilson the pistol teacher in Alexandria a few years ago and several of my friends have taken the class since. I was very impressed with the number of handguns we worked with. Every one of us received our permits from our counties with no problems. I recommend this class to everyone.
    1st post is a reply by NAME, 6 months later, in a thread that was buried. I smell something...

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    1st post is a reply by NAME, 6 months later, in a thread that was buried. I smell something...
    Ya think?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/