• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new gun

nickbeam775

imported post

I was just wondering if anyone had any imput on the smith &wesson mp40 good or bad just wanting some input the gun just feels really good in my hand and I am thinking of getting one for oc use

scorpioajr

imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone had any imput on the smith &wesson mp40 good or bad just wanting some input the gun just feels really good in my hand and I am thinking of getting one for oc use

I don't have any experience with the MP series, but I LOVE S&W. I have owned my sigma for PROBABLY 5,000-ish rounds now, and only thing that has worn was the extractor. Called S&W, they sent me a pre-paid postage box and instructions on how to send my gun in an get it fixed...FOR FREE! Lifetime warranty, I am sure other gun manufacturers do this as well: but i give kudos to S&W customer service.

scorpioajr

imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone had any imput on the smith &wesson mp40....
hey bud-

I was searching for reviews and i came across this: http://www.policelink.com/products/products/368-smith-wesson-mp-40

seems to be some good input from MP40 owners.

209000_thumb_max192w.jpg

Model: M&P Caliber: .40S&W Capacity: 15+1 Rounds Barrel Length: 4.25" Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount - Tritium Sights Optional Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry - Tritium Sights Optional Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs. Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in. Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in. Frame: Large Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc Overall Length: 7.5" Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components Weight Empty (No Mag): 24.25 oz. Overall Height: 5.5" Width: 1.2" Sight Length: 6.4"

Cremator75

imported post

My buddy has an M&P9 (Same basic gun as the .40) and I have an XD9. I have shot both many times. They are both great guns. Never any problems. The reason I went with the XD9 was because the grip fit me better, even after trying all 3 of the M&P's back straps. I would at minimum hold both, and even have the store let you try the different back straps for the M&P. Shoot both preferably. I would not hesitate to buy an M&P, if it fit me better. My XD has been flawless also, I just feel like I can get a better grip on it.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I'd go Glock 23 if you need a .40... otherwise get a Glock 19

Guns don't need to be pretty, they need to work. Do you go to a harware store and think... well, this hammer looks prettier than that one... NO! You get the functional reliable one.

nickbeam775

imported post

true but the glock just feels like crap in my hand it does not fit me well at all i know that they make a great gun but from all i have been told the S&w is also a gun that can take a beating and when you need it it will be there and work have i been told wrong?

scorpioajr

imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
...S&w is also a gun that can take a beating...?
Phew-you got that right. See, i haven't ALWAYS been a responsible gun handler, lol.

My S&W has been:
dropped
buried<---(I have witnesses to this one...)
thrown
wet, muddy
i've charged it with more sand and grit in the action than i could stand
fired all sorts of ammo through it
have shot/carried it in a variety of climates

Im still rockin' the origonal magazines and the rifling!

....just cleaned it after every experience, no rust! and YES, it still asks for more!