Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Vid: India gun control enabled Mumbai slaughter

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    From RidleyReport.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP295xpH15A

    A news.google search two days after the Mumbai terror attack finds NO media discussion of India's draconian gun laws...and the role they played in facilitating this week's massacre. Since mainstream reporters aren't pointing that out, this video strives to do it for them.

    Digg it, if you like:
    http://digg.com/world_news/India_gun...umbai_massacre



  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    I don't know much about New York City, but I have a hunch that their gun laws could do the same thing.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.

  4. #4
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.
    Good point. It could come back to haunt us.

    However, if they are the ones doing the dancing, it's Ok. Can we say, "double standard", or better, "hypocritical".

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

    - M. Gandhi

    It would seem they learned nothing from their misrule at the hands of others. Not content to cast off the yoke of foreign oppression, they've substituted internal repression. And this admonition from a famous pacifist who was shot by his own people, no less. It satisfies my perverse need for irony. I say that with sadness, not cynical amusement.

    -ljp

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boise, ,
    Posts
    29

    Post imported post

    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...le14086308.ece

    "if only I had a gun" so true. The world is a sad place when the wolves have guns, the sheepdogs turn out to be sheep with a badge, and the citizens are disarmed.

    Brian

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    If we're not going to raise hell about gun restrictions when those restrictions get people slaughtered...


    When *are* we going to raise hell?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Holloman AFB, , USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    what's sad is that we are a lotcloser to the possibility of this happeninghere thana lot of us are willing to admit.

  9. #9
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Jizzle wrote:
    what's sad is that we are a lotcloser to the possibility of this happeninghere thana lot of us are willing to admit.
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. What better way to force more governmental intrusion and restrictions that to have several attacks like this take place on American soil? Not only would there be vast economic effects, but there would be an outcry from the media and certain members of congress to place rigid controls on citizens buying, owning, and carrying arms.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Unfortunately, if such an attack were to occur in the US I fear it would be someplace like NYC where LAC citizen carry is all but impossible. If it were to happen in a location where citizen carry is much more common, the assistance of LAC using their carry weapons to help neutralize or eliminate the threat would rather than create a reason for further restriction, make a loud and clear argument for more citizen carry.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247

    Post imported post

    I hate to say this but our recent election had much more to do with the attacks than gun control in India. I am afraid this is just the beginning.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Legba wrote:
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

    - M. Gandhi
    -ljp
    The silver lining in this gray cloud, bringing this by the patron 'saint' of pacifism to light. It needs to be rammed down the gullet of every pacifistic anile-hole.

  13. #13
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Unfortunately, if such an attack were to occur in the US I fear it would be someplace like NYC where LAC citizen carry is all but impossible. If it were to happen in a location where citizen carry is much more common, the assistance of LAC using their carry weapons to help neutralize or eliminate the threat would rather than create a reason for further restriction, make a loud and clear argument for more citizen carry.
    Yes, I agree. But cities such as Washington, DC, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and many others are such tempting targets for evil minds to consider. Target rich areas both in people and in structure.

    While the upcoming inauguration is bound to attracted the largest crowds for this event in history and will therefore, have the "required" security forces in place, you have to believe that this would be ripe for such an attack. I would bet the midnight oil has been burning in earnest about this very thing, especially in light of the past 4 days in India.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    And it is a win-win for them and a lose-lose for us.

    "Look at how effective is DHSFEMABATFE, they prevented the attack that they knew was coming."

    "We need more powers for DHSFEMABATFE to allow them to prevent a re-occurrence."

    Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    737

    Post imported post

    RidleyReport wrote:
    If we're not going to raise hell about gun restrictions when those restrictions get people slaughtered...


    When *are* we going to raise hell?
    +1 Dave!

    Nice to see you posting on OCDO. I've been watching your videos on YouTube for several months now, and you've got some great inspiring reports!

    I agree, we should be raising hell about this, pointing out "See what happens when you disarm citizens?!?"

    We need to holler it louder with every single multiple shooting in every gun-free zone in the world. We need to get it out there along side the news of every high murder rate in every disarmed city. We need to get people to realize that the cost of disarming citizens has an incredible negative impact anddoesn't really provide any "greater good" at all.

    If a terrorist attack like that every happened in the United States, the "smartest" targets are going to be gun-free cities like Washington DC, New York, and Chicago. We can only hope that some "criminals" happen to be in the vicinity and are willing to put the terrorists in their place, because the law-abiding citizens in those cities are going to be sitting ducks.

    ...Orygunner...

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Holloman AFB, , USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    don't forget philly.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    This would maybe happen in DC. But not in Virginia.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    L.A. County, California, USA
    Posts
    149

    Post imported post

    Jizzle wrote:
    don't forget philly.
    My guess is London. I think the terrorists will want to hone their skills on the softer targets first before working their way to America. "U.K. - wake up! Wake up!" Just a guess.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    4armed Architect wrote:
    Jizzle wrote:
    don't forget philly.
    My guess is London. I think the terrorists will want to hone their skills on the softer targets first before working their way to America. "U.K. - wake up! Wake up!" Just a guess.
    "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." (Isoroku Yamamoto) Will we find out? Will we learn from our opponents?

    Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety.



  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    L.A. County, California, USA
    Posts
    149

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    4armed Architect wrote:
    Jizzle wrote:
    don't forget philly.
    My guess is London. I think the terrorists will want to hone their skills on the softer targets first before working their way to America. "U.K. - wake up! Wake up!" Just a guess.
    "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." (Isoroku Yamamoto) Will we find out? Will we learn from our opponents?

    snip


    Exactly. This quote is what I had in mind as I made the guess that a "softer" target might be next. I'm pretty sure that the Islamo-fascist planners consider their targets carefully. The armed populace of America is a "harder" target in a "shooting" type of attack than the self dis-armed U.K. There is a deterrent effect on an international scale when American citizens are armed and capable of using those arms - even if they are just "small arms".
    All that said, as many have pointed out, there are plenty of soft(gov't.-disarmed and self-disarmed) targets in the America. Washington DC and New York have big flashing neon targets hanging on them(Flashing "START HERE, START HERE"). And then there are the "Gun-Free Zones"...

    In summary, they will look for mowed lawns with nary a rifle in sight.
    Imagine that; an openly(figuratively and literally) armed citizenry as a deterrent! D'oh!

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    What a marvelous insight.

    [T]hey will look for mowed lawns with nary a rifle in sight.
    The United States' rural population is significant and conservative. The urban centers need to be politically 'minimized' else we be divided and conquered.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    L.A. County, California, USA
    Posts
    149

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    What a marvelous insight.

    [T]hey will look for mowed lawns with nary a rifle in sight.
    The United States' rural population is significant and conservative. The urban centers need to be politically 'minimized' else we be divided and conquered.
    The trend to greater urbanism is not helping "minimize" the power of those urban centers. Chicago pretty much dominates Illinois like New York City dominates New York State. How to minimize that political "clout" could be the subject of a Poly Sci major's doctoral thesis. It won't be easy. Most land-use planning agencies/governments are full-steam ahead requiring/allowing new development in urban centers mostly.

    The more the sheep are herded into the pen, the easier they are to "control".

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    460

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.
    I disagree.

    The simple fact is that this and other tragedies really DO occur BECAUSE the people have been disarmed!

    Columbine, VA Tech, now Mumbai. The incentive to kill may have been different with the last, but the results were pretty much the same.

    Compare VA Tech to the story about the guy that went into a police station and opened fire. How many cops died before they shot back and ended the threat? 4 or 5? How many more would have died had those officers not had the means to defend themselves? How many died at VA Tech?

    People SHOULD be shocked and horrified at the wholesale slaughter of innocents by madmen with guns. They should also be reminded that if those innocents had been armed themselves, then FAR FEWER would have died. In each of those cases, the fact that it was illegal for ordinary people to carry guns did NOT stop the perpetrators from using them. People need to be hammered with this fact, again and again. It needs to be hammered until they begin to come out with the logical answer to these tragedies: "these people were murdered wholesale because they could not fight back, and your answer is to disarm MORE innocent people???? Are you INSANE???"

  24. #24
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Arlington County VA has as the Chairman of the County Board one Walter J Tejada. This guy, who I think is an originally illegal alien who managed towangle naturalized citizenship, is completely flake-o.

    As Architect pointed out, politicians want to herd folks together for control. This is exactly the Tejada plan, he would bulldoze Arlington's beautiful neighborhoods and put up high-rise apartment/ office buildings everywhere not just on the Metro corridor, so as to all but eliminate by inpractibility car ownership. He also wants an exception from the Dillon Rule (State pre-emption) as regards smoking in bars; and although he has not said it out loud the Board has beforetimes sought an exemption so as to keep the 14 day waiting period for firearms and to severely restrict open carry and eliminate "shall issue" CHPs in Arlington. If Tejada had his way, Arlington would soon be a slaughterhouse comarable to parts of PG County MD.

    Here in Alexandria we have a Mayor who wants to do all of the above AND thinks he can force a railroad to move a freight yard so as to increase the value of surrounding properties for development (READ: TAXES) The official excuse is that ethanol is off-loaded at the yard and poses a hazard to - the old standby - children. Also need I mention that our Congressman is the appalling Jim "People have a narrow minded conciet that they are entitled to keep their wealth" Moran, who beats women and kids (It has been in the news) and (Ditto) bad-mouths Jews. And he too is a gun-grabber who cites every instance of unarmed people being slain as a reason to keep people unarmed. OH, be sure that I never vote for the bastard, but enogh people do.

    God help us.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    4armed Architect wrote:
    Most land-use planning agencies/governments are full-steam ahead requiring/allowing new development in urban centers mostly.

    The more the sheep are herded into the pen, the easier they are to "control".
    I am on the local planning commission subsidiary (it's county level and I'm 'small town'). Our builder/developers (22 sq. miles, 700 souls) think that building anything that someone will contract is the be all and end all of economy. They don't think they're selling their childrens' birth-right.

    They're also the ones that think that no one has been shot in a hunting accident in thirty years is because they all wear blaze-orange. I'm freekin' sick of blaze-orange, especially on 'blue-hairs', and "shotguns are safer".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •