• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vid: India gun control enabled Mumbai slaughter

RidleyReport

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know much about New York City, but I have a hunch that their gun laws could do the same thing.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

longwatch wrote:
You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.
Good point. It could come back to haunt us.

However, if they are the ones doing the dancing, it's Ok. Can we say, "double standard", or better, "hypocritical".

Legba

imported post

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

- M. Gandhi

It would seem they learned nothing from their misrule at the hands of others. Not content to cast off the yoke of foreign oppression, they've substituted internal repression. And this admonition from a famous pacifist who was shot by his own people, no less. It satisfies my perverse need for irony. I say that with sadness, not cynical amusement.

-ljp

RidleyReport

imported post

If we're not going to raise hell about gun restrictions when those restrictions get people slaughtered...

When *are* we going to raise hell?

SouthernBoy

imported post

Jizzle wrote:
what's sad is that we are a lotcloser to the possibility of this happeninghere thana lot of us are willing to admit.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. What better way to force more governmental intrusion and restrictions that to have several attacks like this take place on American soil? Not only would there be vast economic effects, but there would be an outcry from the media and certain members of congress to place rigid controls on citizens buying, owning, and carrying arms.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unfortunately, if such an attack were to occur in the US I fear it would be someplace like NYC where LAC citizen carry is all but impossible. If it were to happen in a location where citizen carry is much more common, the assistance of LAC using their carry weapons to help neutralize or eliminate the threat would rather than create a reason for further restriction, make a loud and clear argument for more citizen carry.

PT111

imported post

I hate to say this but our recent election had much more to do with the attacks than gun control in India. I am afraid this is just the beginning.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Legba wrote:
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

- M. Gandhi
-ljp
The silver lining in this gray cloud, bringing this by the patron 'saint' of pacifism to light. It needs to be rammed down the gullet of every pacifistic anile-hole.

SouthernBoy

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Unfortunately, if such an attack were to occur in the US I fear it would be someplace like NYC where LAC citizen carry is all but impossible. If it were to happen in a location where citizen carry is much more common, the assistance of LAC using their carry weapons to help neutralize or eliminate the threat would rather than create a reason for further restriction, make a loud and clear argument for more citizen carry.
Yes, I agree. But cities such as Washington, DC, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and many others are such tempting targets for evil minds to consider. Target rich areas both in people and in structure.

While the upcoming inauguration is bound to attracted the largest crowds for this event in history and will therefore, have the "required" security forces in place, you have to believe that this would be ripe for such an attack. I would bet the midnight oil has been burning in earnest about this very thing, especially in light of the past 4 days in India.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

And it is a win-win for them and a lose-lose for us.

"Look at how effective is DHSFEMABATFE, they prevented the attack that they knew was coming."

"We need more powers for DHSFEMABATFE to allow them to prevent a re-occurrence."

Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety.

Orygunner

imported post

RidleyReport wrote:
If we're not going to raise hell about gun restrictions when those restrictions get people slaughtered...

When *are* we going to raise hell?

+1 Dave!

Nice to see you posting on OCDO. I've been watching your videos on YouTube for several months now, and you've got some great inspiring reports!

I agree, we should be raising hell about this, pointing out "See what happens when you disarm citizens?!?"

We need to holler it louder with every single multiple shooting in every gun-free zone in the world. We need to get it out there along side the news of every high murder rate in every disarmed city. We need to get people to realize that the cost of disarming citizens has an incredible negative impact anddoesn't really provide any "greater good" at all.

If a terrorist attack like that every happened in the United States, the "smartest" targets are going to be gun-free cities like Washington DC, New York, and Chicago. We can only hope that some "criminals" happen to be in the vicinity and are willing to put the terrorists in their place, because the law-abiding citizens in those cities are going to be sitting ducks.

...Orygunner...

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
Jizzle wrote:
don't forget philly.
My guess is London. I think the terrorists will want to hone their skills on the softer targets first before working their way to America. "U.K. - wake up! Wake up!" Just a guess.
"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." ([font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Isoroku Yamamoto) Will we find out? Will we learn from our opponents?

Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety.

[/font]

4armed Architect

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
4armed Architect wrote:
Jizzle wrote:
don't forget philly.
My guess is London. I think the terrorists will want to hone their skills on the softer targets first before working their way to America. "U.K. - wake up! Wake up!" Just a guess.
"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." ([font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Isoroku Yamamoto) Will we find out? Will we learn from our opponents?

snip

[/font]
Exactly. This quote is what I had in mind as I made the guess that a "softer" target might be next. I'm pretty sure that the Islamo-fascist planners consider their targets carefully. The armed populace of America is a "harder" target in a "shooting" type of attack than the self dis-armed U.K. There is a deterrent effect on an international scale when American citizens are armed and capable of using those arms - even if they are just "small arms".
All that said, as many have pointed out, there are plenty of soft(gov't.-disarmed and self-disarmed) targets in the America. Washington DC and New York have big flashing neon targets hanging on them(Flashing "START HERE, START HERE"). And then there are the "Gun-Free Zones"...

In summary, they will look for mowed lawns with nary a rifle in sight.
Imagine that; an openly(figuratively and literally) armed citizenry as a deterrent! D'oh!