• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vid: India gun control enabled Mumbai slaughter

4armed Architect

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
What a marvelous insight.

[T]hey will look for mowed lawns with nary a rifle in sight.
The United States' rural population is significant and conservative. The urban centers need to be politically 'minimized' else we be divided and conquered.
The trend to greater urbanism is not helping "minimize" the power of those urban centers. Chicago pretty much dominates Illinois like New York City dominates New York State. How to minimize that political "clout" could be the subject of a Poly Sci major's doctoral thesis. It won't be easy. Most land-use planning agencies/governments are full-steam ahead requiring/allowing new development in urban centers mostly.

The more the sheep are herded into the pen, the easier they are to "control".

Slayer of Paper

imported post

longwatch wrote:
You know I agree with the statement but we are quick to condemn the antis when they are dancing in the blood of the innocent dead. Lets not do the same thing.
I disagree.

The simple fact is that this and other tragedies really DO occur BECAUSE the people have been disarmed!

Columbine, VA Tech, now Mumbai. The incentive to kill may have been different with the last, but the results were pretty much the same.

Compare VA Tech to the story about the guy that went into a police station and opened fire. How many cops died before they shot back and ended the threat? 4 or 5? How many more would have died had those officers not had the means to defend themselves? How many died at VA Tech?

People SHOULD be shocked and horrified at the wholesale slaughter of innocents by madmen with guns. They should also be reminded that if those innocents had been armed themselves, then FAR FEWER would have died. In each of those cases, the fact that it was illegal for ordinary people to carry guns did NOT stop the perpetrators from using them. People need to be hammered with this fact, again and again. It needs to be hammered until they begin to come out with the logical answer to these tragedies: "these people were murdered wholesale because they could not fight back, and your answer is to disarm MORE innocent people???? Are you INSANE???"

Alexcabbie

imported post

Arlington County VA has as the Chairman of the County Board one Walter J Tejada. This guy, who I think is an originally illegal alien who managed towangle naturalized citizenship, is completely flake-o.

As Architect pointed out, politicians want to herd folks together for control. This is exactly the Tejada plan, he would bulldoze Arlington's beautiful neighborhoods and put up high-rise apartment/ office buildings everywhere not just on the Metro corridor, so as to all but eliminate by inpractibility car ownership. He also wants an exception from the Dillon Rule (State pre-emption) as regards smoking in bars; and although he has not said it out loud the Board has beforetimes sought an exemption so as to keep the 14 day waiting period for firearms and to severely restrict open carry and eliminate "shall issue" CHPs in Arlington. If Tejada had his way, Arlington would soon be a slaughterhouse comarable to parts of PG County MD.

Here in Alexandria we have a Mayor who wants to do all of the above AND thinks he can force a railroad to move a freight yard so as to increase the value of surrounding properties for development (READ: TAXES) The official excuse is that ethanol is off-loaded at the yard and poses a hazard to - the old standby - children. Also need I mention that our Congressman is the appalling Jim "People have a narrow minded conciet that they are entitled to keep their wealth" Moran, who beats women and kids (It has been in the news) and (Ditto) bad-mouths Jews. And he too is a gun-grabber who cites every instance of unarmed people being slain as a reason to keep people unarmed. OH, be sure that I never vote for the bastard, but enogh people do.

God help us.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
Most land-use planning agencies/governments are full-steam ahead requiring/allowing new development in urban centers mostly.

The more the sheep are herded into the pen, the easier they are to "control".
I am on the local planning commission subsidiary (it's county level and I'm 'small town'). Our builder/developers (22 sq. miles, 700 souls) think that building anything that someone will contract is the be all and end all of economy. They don't think they're selling their childrens' birth-right.

They're also the ones that think that no one has been shot in a hunting accident in thirty years is because they all wear blaze-orange. I'm freekin' sick of blaze-orange, especially on 'blue-hairs', and "shotguns are safer".