Thread: MSNBC POLL Carry on Campus

Post imported post

I know it's a CC poll.... but hell, I'll take cc over no anything

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27706201/

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Should holders of valid permits to carry concealed weapons be allowed to take their guns on college campuses?

26042 responses

Yes; armed students and faculty could respond to a critical situation immediately.
    80%

No; allowing guns on campuses could confuse authorities in a real crisis.
    20%

Your response cannot be recorded. For assistance please contact MSNBC technicalsupport.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

What the hell kind of answer is that? I don't mean to pun, but it's a loaded answer. The hell with the "authorities". We don't go waiving our guns at "authorities". As far as I know every conceal carry class or defensive class teaches you to put your piece away when "authorities" show up.

Typical PMSNBC, "authorities". Like their is some big question ifcitizens have the "authority" to save his or her own bacon. Give me a break!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:

What the hell kind of answer is that? I don't mean to pun, but it's a loaded answer. The hell with the "authorities". We don't go waiving our guns at "authorities". As far as I know every conceal carry class or defensive class teaches you to put your piece away when "authorities" show up.

Typical PMSNBC, "authorities". Like their is some big question ifcitizens have the "authority" to save his or her own bacon. Give me a break!
    Well, its NBC. But still, the response is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of carry. People are finally starting to get it, maybe.

Post imported post

I like the way they worded the possible responses, surprising for NBC.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It seems the overwhelming majority of responders recognise that the need for immediate protection cannot be weighed in the same balanceas confused authorities.

Looks like their leading question backfired on them by pointing out the utter weakness of such an argument.

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    T Dubya wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:

Well, its NBC. But still, the response is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of carry. People are finally starting to get it, maybe.
    Maybe the people are finally starting to get it but what about the so-called lawmakers? Y'know, culls like Tanya Payne for example? I doubt that they'll ever get it.

III
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."