• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC POLL Carry on Campus

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Should holders of valid permits to carry concealed weapons be allowed to take their guns on college campuses?

26042 responses

Yes; armed students and faculty could respond to a critical situation immediately.
80%
dotRed.gif

No; allowing guns on campuses could confuse authorities in a real crisis.
20%
dotRed.gif

Your response cannot be recorded. For assistance please contact MSNBC technicalsupport.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

What the hell kind of answer is that? I don't mean to pun, but it's a loaded answer. The hell with the "authorities". We don't go waiving our guns at "authorities". As far as I know every conceal carry class or defensive class teaches you to put your piece away when "authorities" show up.

Typical PMSNBC, "authorities". Like their is some big question ifcitizens have the "authority" to save his or her own bacon. Give me a break!

Slayer of Paper

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

What the hell kind of answer is that? I don't mean to pun, but it's a loaded answer. The hell with the "authorities". We don't go waiving our guns at "authorities". As far as I know every conceal carry class or defensive class teaches you to put your piece away when "authorities" show up.

Typical PMSNBC, "authorities". Like their is some big question ifcitizens have the "authority" to save his or her own bacon. Give me a break!
Well, its NBC. But still, the response is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of carry. People are finally starting to get it, maybe.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It seems the overwhelming majority of responders recognise that the need for immediate protection cannot be weighed in the same balanceas confused authorities.

Looks like their leading question backfired on them by pointing out the utter weakness of such an argument.

Huck

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Well, its NBC. But still, the response is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of carry. People are finally starting to get it, maybe.

Maybe the people are finally starting to get it but what about the so-called lawmakers? Y'know, culls like Tanya Payne for example? I doubt that they'll ever get it.

III