• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spotted in Marysville

amlevin

imported post

Spotted an FN P40 today in what looked like a Serpa holster (at least it was Kydex) in the Marysville Schucks Parking lot. A young lady was bending over the engine compartment of her car, performing some repairs, while OC'ing a nice FN. Good for her. Wonder if she drops in her on this forum.

As for the Employees in the store being "alarmed", not even. Those that noticed were supportive of her right to carry and the fact that it was a "good looking gun". She had to go into the store a couple of times and not a single word about "is that legal?"

MadHatter66

imported post

Funny, I was in Marysville all day at the Seattle Outlet Mall... OC all day not a word, great OC day... I thought maybe you were talking about me when I saw the title, but I am not female, and I don't carry a FN, and I wasn't at Schucks... Now if you saw a tall goofy looking white guy, with a 1911 with pachymar grips in a Serpa, that was me...

amlevin

imported post

MadHatter66 wrote:
Funny, I was in Marysville all day at the Seattle Outlet Mall... OC all day not a word, great OC day... I thought maybe you were talking about me when I saw the title, but I am not female, and I don't carry a FN, and I wasn't at Schucks... Now if you saw a tall goofy looking white guy, with a 1911 with pachymar grips in a Serpa, that was me...

Do you also have a large peacock liketatoo visible above your rear belt loop:what:?

:celebrate:celebrate

MadHatter66

imported post

amlevin wrote:
MadHatter66 wrote:

Do you also have a large peacock liketatoo visible above your rear belt loop:what:?

Yeah, I'm going to go with no on that one...Although I cannot see my own back, and I have had many drunk nights in Central America with a boat load of sailors... Now I gotta go find a mirror...:banghead:

amlevin

imported post

MadHatter66 wrote:
amlevin wrote:
MadHatter66 wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to go with no on that one...Although I cannot see my own back, and I have had many drunk nights in Central America with a boat load of sailors... Now I gotta go find a mirror...:banghead:
Wouldn't that be a surprise if you found one there and it said "Leon" or "Lamont"?

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

I have to believe that at least some of these unicorn sightings are actually LEOs. I have been doing some work with an officer from the Snohomish County area who dresses plainclothes -- usually jeans, an unironed shirt with tails out, and running shoes. Often two or three days of beard growth. Most people would never think he was a cop, which is exactly what he wants.

He carries a Glock in an open-top OWB, andit is never well-concealed, sometimes open to view. The holster may be a Serpa -- I'll try to pay attention next time, but I do believe it is Kydex.

The part of his cover I find really interesting is his SUV. Totally unmarked. Totally stock from the factory with no additional equipment of any type. The license plate can't be traced back to any governmental agency.

On the other hand, everybody thinks I'm a cop -- I could never pull off the undercover role. Which is probably why I don't get questions when OCing.

Charles

jbone

imported post

If you see a tall gray haired guy OC with a M&P 9c in a don Hume Black leather thats me. I make my rounds all over these parts.

Sea_Chicken

imported post

I've gotten my fair share of drunken tats in south america, nothin like wondering what the hell in the morning. Nice to see there are others out there in marysville I'll be back in town for good this april just as soon as uncle sam removes his foot from my arse...