• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry... a big plastic candy cane???

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://cbs13.com/local/Man.Wielding.Plastic.2.875942.html

Nov 28, 2008 2:18 pm US/Pacific Man Wielding Plastic Candy Cane Subdues Attacker SACRAMENTO (AP) ― A man using a candy cane lawn ornament fended off a knife-wielding neighbor who had been attacking holiday guests at a Sacramento home.

Police spokesman Sgt. Norm Leong says the man used the two-foot-tall plastic ornament to subdue the attacker until officers arrived.

He says the 49-year-old suspect became intoxicated, went over to a neighbor's home on Thanksgiving and began waving a kitchen knife at people gathered on the lawn.

He cut several peoples' clothing before one of them decided to fight back.

Police say the man with the knife was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. The guest who took up the candy cane was not arrested because police determined he acted in self-defense.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Luckily none of his victims were seriously injured or killed. Luckily this man had decorated his lawn in a timely manner. The moral of the story: Christmas saves lives.

On a serious note: how quickly and easily could this have gone horribly wrong? This is why I usually carry, even to family functions. My family usually scoffs, and this year I decided to leave my Sig at home when I went to a family dinner.

This story is a great reminder. Even if your family is sane and sober, you never know when the neighbor is going to barge in and start stabbing people. Keep your guns handy at all times...

...and when in a school zone, open carry a big plastic candy cane!