Thread: Toys r us shooting

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

A few weeks ago, I went to Toys r us to buy a few things. I was CC as I often do, and was thinking about how a toy store is perhaps one of the most innocent and fairly problem free places to frequent...well, I think that no more. Just goes to show that no place is safe, and that we need to be ever mindful.

AP

PALM DESERT, Calif. (Nov. 28) - The shooting occurred in a crowded toy store on the traditional start of the holiday shopping season, but authorities say it wasn't related to the bargain-hunting frenzy. Instead, two men pulled guns and killed each other after the women with them erupted into a bloody brawl, witnesses said.

Authorities released few details about the mayhem that broke out at the Toys "R'' Us store around 11:30 a.m. Friday, sending scared shoppers fleeing. Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez said the fight was not over a toy and that handguns were found by the men's bodies. He refused to say whether the shooting was gang-related.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

You also have to be concerned about being trampled to death when the storedoors open as confirmed by the Wal Mart incident. CC'ing would not have helped that poor slob. What are we coming to? But you are right, you never know when you will need it these days, probably where you least expect it.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

tripledipper wrote:
    You also have to be concerned about being trampled to death when the storedoors open as confirmed by the Wal Mart incident. CC'ing would not have helped that poor slob. What are we coming to? But you are right, you never know when you will need it these days, probably where you least expect it.
    I have been a victim of the "trample effect". I attended the "Great Henrico Ibook sale" at the raceway a few years ago. Crowd control was virtually non-existant. The swell of people was amazing. I literally had to grab a tree branch and pull myself out of the crowd. I watched as hundreds of people trampled each other and even crushed a baby stroller trying to get a $50 laptop....it was sad.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Situational awareness starts with chosing your situations.

Even the Wal_Mart greeter could have figured out how to not be standing in the trample zone when the crazed phalanx broke through the door.

There is no freebie, or show-peformer, worth risking a night of hypothermia, or a even a sprained ankle during a stampede.

Bad decisions have bad consequences.

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:

Even the Wal_Mart greeter could have figured out how to not be standing in the trample zone when the crazed phalanx broke through the door.

There is no freebie, or show-peformer, worth risking a night of hypothermia, or a even a sprained ankle during a stampede.

There are some reports coming out he had a heart attack now, I think the sensational media took a story and ran with it (it may very well hav ebeen he was trampled as well, but I don't trust the news).

But I agree with your statements.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:

Let's look at the brite side. Everytime an idiot participates in and is killed in one of these stupid stampedes it improves the overall intellectual quality of the species.

Yes, I support natural culling of the herd.

Post imported post

Maybe so, but this guy was coming by to open the door.

I don't think that counts as participation.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Maybe so, but this guy was coming by to open the door.

I don't think that counts as participation.
    I thought there were other casualties.

It just hit me that there seems to be a serious lack of prioritation in our society. I could understand people stampeding a food bank if there was side spread starvation occuring. That could easily be attributed to desperation. But why would people act this way over material things that have no real importance to survival? Makes no sense at all to me.

Post imported post

You can thank TV babysitting for this.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Sarah Brady needs to look into this. Maybe we need to ban Black Friday.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers