• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun safety

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Oh, but there is so much more of interest in the cited article; 'while teaching', 'teaching daughter', 'safety', 'gun safety, 'didn't realize', 'gun was still loaded', 'Glock', 'no record of admittance' , 'no record of treatment', 'no phone'.

How many LEO gun 'accidents' go as unrecorded as this one?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459047,00.html
Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

Saturday , November 29, 2008 AP ADVERTISEMENT

MONROE, Ohio — Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg.

Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted.

A home phone number for him couldn't be found.

suntzu

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Oh, but there is so much more of interest in the cited article; 'while teaching', 'teaching daughter', 'safety', 'gun safety, 'didn't realize', 'gun was still loaded', 'Glock', 'no record of admittance' , 'no record of treatment', 'no phone'.

How many LEO gun 'accidents' go as unrecorded as this one?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459047,00.html
Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

Saturday , November 29, 2008 AP ADVERTISEMENT

MONROE, Ohio — Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg.

Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted.

A home phone number for him couldn't be found.
I did read that--but why the cover-up?

zrukman

imported post

I wonder if he is a licensed firearm instructor? Sounds as he should take the concealed firearms training course as a refresher. hahahaha:celebrate

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Does the TN permit cover consealed wounds, or is that one an leo only? :what:

Well I bet the daughter won't play with 'unloaded' guns, so he may have
done a good job.

massltca

imported post

There's nothing wrong with the Glock but like any auto-loader you have to clear the chamber before you clean it. I don't know why the anchorwoman called it a controversial pistol. It seems to me that if most police departments in the US and Canada use it then it's pretty successful not controversial. :?

zrukman

imported post

Glock...controversial pistol...Aren't they supposed to go off when the trigger is pulled and one is in the chamber. That's what I look for in a good pistol!!!

Gun safety starts and ends in between the ears.....Nuff said!!!!:banghead:

High Altitude

imported post

Glock 45 must be a new model.

Or

So much for the big bad .45acp man stopper. I thought for sure his whole leg would of gotten blown off and he would of bled out. At least that is what some guy at the gun shop told me would happen if you got shot with a .45acp in the leg. He swears he knows someone that it happened to.

OK, OK............ couldn't resist.

;)

suntzu

imported post

High Altitude wrote:
Glock 45 must be a new model.

Or

So much for the big bad .45acp man stopper. I thought for sure his whole leg would of gotten blown off and he would of bled out. At least that is what some guy at the gun shop told me would happen if you got shot with a .45acp in the leg. He swears he knows someone that it happened to.

OK, OK............ couldn't resist.

;)
I'd take the .45 over the 9mm any day of the week. Not that the 9mm is a bad weapon given the right ammunition, but I prefer something in the .45acp myself.

And depending on where you shoot yourself--the .45, like all other firearms could cause you to bleed out--assuming you hit something like the Femoral artery.....

.45 vs. 9mm--45 wins every time--at least in my book.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Probably had taget rounds loaded, not the good stuff. After all she was learning
and he wouldn't want to be shot by accident with the deadly stuff. :lol::lol:

massltca

imported post

That's what I think. Someone at work saw my 1911 cocked and locked and said "you carry it cocked like that?" And I said that's how you are supposed to carry it, otherwise it's an expensive paperweight.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I hope you didn't go on to explain that the manual safety switch also is redundant
and therefore not used either.
That would give them nightmares.:shock: Only 2 safety's away from meeting thier makers.:uhoh: