Thread: s & w mp40

Post imported post

Doesanyone have any input on the simth and wesson m&p 40 the gun just feels really good in my hand and i am thinking of getting one for oc use, but befor i do i want to get a little more info any input would be great thanks.

Post imported post

You must mean the M&P 40.

I don't think S&W make one of these:

:P

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    You must mean the M&P 40.

I don't think S&W make one of these:

:P
    yea my bad

Post imported post

lol I was just teasin'. Sorry I can't provide any input; I've never fired one. People say good things about them, though...

http://www.gunblast.com/SW_MP.htm

Post imported post

I have a M&P9 and I really like it. The interchangable grips work well and allow you to fit the gun to your hand and I've put 500+ rounds through mine without a hiccup. Not the greatest trigger, but that can be fixed.

Post imported post

what problems do you see with the trigger and what can be done about and have you done anything to yours

Post imported post

smash29 wrote:
    I have a M&P9 and I really like it. The interchangable grips work well and allow you to fit the gun to your hand and I've put 500+ rounds through mine without a hiccup. Not the greatest trigger, but that can be fixed.

I have an M&P9 as well. I've never had any problems with the trigger. What's up with yours?

The Hartford Whalers had the best uni in the league.

ETCS

Post imported post

The M&P is a great pistol. I've shot them in .45 and 9mm and both are fantastic weapons. They fit both my and my wife's hands the best -- much better by far, than everything else we've held. It's solid, reliable, and shoots very, very accurately.

Post imported post

the M&P pistols work if you can't go with a Glock. There have been few issues that S&W has more or less worked around.

Is there a specific reason you need a .40 cal?

Post imported post

Smith & Wesson M&P45 pistol selected Handgun of the Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMZfYkK3Qs

I won't buy one, but it's obvious some people like it. I don't care for the trigger too much. But hey, S&W ain't new to the game of making good firearms.

Post imported post

What, you don't want to get one of these?

Post imported post

i just like the caliber it does all i need and more 9 is ok but after shooting a 40 or 45 9just feels like a 22 to me but again that is just what i like and may not be for everyone

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Walleye wrote:
    What, you don't want to get one of these?
    Nah, jamb/locks up too easily - besides I can buy a real gun for that price.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

nickbeam775 wrote:
    what problems do you see with the trigger and what can be done about and have you done anything to yours
    I don't really have a "problem" with the trigger, it's just that of the guns I own and have shot it's not my favorite.

I don't really know the specific terms to describe it but I find that it's fairly smooth for the first part of the trigger pull until it hits a noticable (to me) "stop", then it's another distinct pull to the break. In my admittedly limited experience it seems that most guns with a "safe action" type trigger (M&P, Glock, XD) behave in a similar way but when I slowly dry fire the gun I can see that the pressure involved to get from the "stop" to the break causes the gun to "move" more (based on the movement of the front sight) when compared to my Glock and XD. I really wouldn't have noticed it all that much, if at all, had I not done the comparison with those 2 guns but after doing so I did see a difference. I've considered taking it in for a trigger job in the hopes of getting a smoother, ideally more continuous trigger pull but honestly it's not objectionable enough to really justify that.

It's a minor quibble and preference more than anything so take what I say for what it's worth. Of my M&P, XD, and Glock the M&P feels the best in my hand and that is more important to me than a minor, subjective difference in trigger pull. If you like the feel of the M&P then I say go for it.

Post imported post

buster81 wrote
    The Hartford Whalers had the best uni in the league.
    It's been 11+ years but I still bleed blue and green and I'm just as bitter today as I was in April 1997 when I saw their last game in Hartford. I can only hope the Hurricanes lose every game for all eternity and Peter Karmanos spends a like amount of time rotting in H E double hockey sticks.