• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns stolen from Lynchburg pawn shop.

curtiswr

imported post

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news/local/article/thieves_hit_lynchburg_pawn_shop/11069/

By Chris Dumond

Published: November 28, 2008

Burglars did some unauthorized early Christmas shopping at Lynchburg Pawn Thursday morning, according to Lynchburg police.

Burglars gained entry through the back of the building before smashing several gun cases and stealing 23 new high-quality semiautomatic pistols, according to the police press release.

The pistols included models by Sig Sauer, Glock and Ruger, as well as an imported semiauto-matic AK-47 clone with an 11-inch barrel and no buttstock classified as a pistol by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Police ask anyone with information regarding the break-in to call (434) 455-6054 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
Article says they were new? Pawn shops sell new guns as well as ones that people bring in to them?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lynchburg pawn advertises new firearms at various times. The most recent ad I saw advertised some Colt models being sold new. That area is rather dark in the evening with a train track running right behind, so I doubt anyone would notice people hanging out behind it.