• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie introducing myself

Highway 101

imported post

Hello,

I have been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to stop procrastinating and register. I am enjoying reading all the experiences posted here. I have not OC'd yet, except in my own front yard.

Do any of you have experience OCing in Jefferson or Clallam county?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome !
During the summer months (Salmon season) you will find me in Forks, Clallam Bay, Sekiu & Neah Bay. If I am on land, I'm OC'ing. So far I've had no issue up there.
Just be aware of the few sections of Hwy 101 that run thru the National Park.

kparker

imported post

Just be aware of the few sections of Hwy 101 that run thru the National Park.

So does the typical person stop, unload, place it all in a locked case in the trunk, then reverse the process once out of the park.... or just proceed and hope for the best?

Granum

imported post

I never do that when i drive to Forks From Port Angeles. I just hope for the best and hope that by being on a US highway will keep them from fussing.
:?

Anyone know anything about driving through the parks with a loaded gun when u have a CPL?

kparker

imported post

Anyone know anything about driving through the parks with a loaded gun when u have a CPL?

Yes. The federal administrative rule banning operable guns from National Parks makes absolutely no recognition of any state's concealed-carry laws.

Hammer

imported post

Granum wrote:
You know, there is some disgression allowed any LEO. Where I'm headed with this is the new administration may look very dimly on an officer using his disgression of a perceived violation of NP rules regarding firearms.

Years ago I hit black ice and wrecked a M/C in the North Cascades NP. A NP ranger was the first to the scene. He relieved me of my sidearm, in an inside jacket pocket. I was too dazed to remember. Later, he contacted me and returned it. There was never a word said about the legality of it. He just didn't make an issue of it.

What I'm getting at is a dim view of such disgression may be taken under an Obamanation. :cry: