• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry around the kalamazoo area?

xd9sc

imported post

I have been on this site quite a bit, and have learned alot of information on open carry thanks to it. I have been doing more research for a while on the subject, and am going to start carrying in the kalamazoo area. I was just wondering if anyone currently carries in the kalamazoo area, or if anyone has any stories from the past (good or bad). Any feedback would be appreciated.

jmlefler

imported post

I started carrying back in February after receiving my CPL. I open carry more than 75% of the time and have yet to encounter any negative feedback. About 5 folks have actually noticed and approached me with questions (only one asked 'are you a cop?'). The others were interested in what I was doing. My last encounter was at Lowe's last weekend; a clerk was in line behind me, noticed my firearm and said 'now there's a real American - made my day...

BTW, I have yet to see anyone else open carrying around town...other than PD.

Carry on.

xd9sc

imported post

I have been on here for a long time. I thought i signed up, but when i went to post the other night, it said i wasn't registered. I just got my profile updated. I was just interested if anyone OC's in the kalamazoo area, and what experiences you have had.

jmlefler

imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Make sure you read the 'sticky' about all the Michigan Laws regarding open carry, particularly transporting in your car.

Again, welcome and

Carry on