• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Jane Nelson not supporting

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I received a letter back from Senator Jane Nelson. She is not going to provide support for open carry. If you live in District 12 please contact her! She needs to know that there are more of us.

Thanks

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Interpretation is open on this one...Either they sent me a generic response to a letter regarding guns or wanted to avoid the subject... Until I hear otherwise I will think she doesn't support open carry...

Dear Kenneth:

Thank you for contacting me regarding concealed handgun licenses (CHLs).

During my time in the Texas Senate, I have consistently been a strong supporter of second amendment rights. During the most recent session, I voted in favor of several bills that support CHLs, including HB 233, which waives or reduces CHL fees for active or veteran members of our military. I will continue to support our right to carry during the next session, which convenes in January.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me again on issues of importance to you!

Very truly yours,
Senator Jane Nelson

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sounds like a form letter to me. she didn't even mention open carry. I'd write the letter, or better yet, have a visit before the session. I'll be calling her monday.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
Did you have any contact with her?
I didn't talk with her directly but did talk with a staff member that handled firearms issues. He said that he had heard something about open carry but had seen nothing official nor anything from our group. I emailed him our draft legislation and link to the web forum here. That was Thursday.

FoGKeebler

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
Interpretation is open on this one...Either they sent me a generic response to a letter regarding guns or wanted to avoid the subject... Until I hear otherwise I will think she doesn't support open carry...

Dear Kenneth:

Thank you for contacting me regarding concealed handgun licenses (CHLs).

During my time in the Texas Senate, I have consistently been a strong supporter of second amendment rights. During the most recent session, I voted in favor of several bills that support CHLs, including HB 233, which waives or reduces CHL fees for active or veteran members of our military. I will continue to support our right to carry during the next session, which convenes in January.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me again on issues of importance to you!

Very truly yours,
Senator Jane Nelson
At least you got a reply. I emailed her over a week ago and never got a response. Although support of 2A is very important, only supporting it 50 percent is not good enough. Its sickening to even think that we have to ask permission to express our right given to us in the constitution.

Unless I have missed the thread we don't even have a single person willing to take it to the floor. Needless to say if it don't happen we will have to make sure 50 thousand strong speak up when its time to vote. If our government cant seem to give us what is ours then I guess we will have to show them the door.