• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meeting in Lexington

zrukman

imported post

I'm finally back online and I can't believe some of the replies to my original post. First off...I wasn't trying to piss anyone offwith the words or theactions proposedinthe post. The last thing I want to do is undermine the efforts of opencarry.org. My choice of words may have not been the best, but I was excited about my new found carry right.

I, like most of the people who wander onto this site, have never known that open carry is legal in their state. Their first exposure to OC is through this site and you can see posts stating this on a daily basis. Most of the population just meander through their daily lives without anyknowledgeof the rights they have.

Traditionally Lexington has been overwhelmingly to the left, with most supporting some type of gun control. I just wanted to promote anddemonstrate that OC'ers are safe responsible citizens that take responsibility for their own family's safety.It was not to throw a controversy in another man's face.

While I have been carrying openly for about 6 months or so, I have already had three people come up to me and ask me about it. It has always been friendly, and I felt that the other party had left the conversation knowing a little more about the OC laws of Kentucky. Even though IANAL!

Let's hope that it warms up soon, so when we have our meeting we don't have to take off two layers of clothing to see that we are OC'ing.

Z

TheMrMitch

imported post

Z.....don'tallow the negative posts a second of worry. Go with what you have in good faith.

Some spout, some are scared, some mean well. Consider all posts as constructive and base your opinion on that.A lotare immature and haven't been there.

One open carries because it is a right and if it is construed otherwise, so be it. Let them foam while you prove and de foam.