• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meeting in Lexington

zrukman

imported post

Anyone up for an OC meeting in Lexington area? There are lots of libs in this area that need to be educated. I know the Christmas holidays are almost upon us so we can hold off until next year if needed.

Cyklopz

imported post

I'd like to make something. I travel a lot but I'm home most weekends. Nice weather next year would be good.

Cy

TheMrMitch

imported post

Of course, we may be covered outside in the cold but remove coats once inside to eat. Somebody close run with that one. I'm wanting a steak or ribs in an awful way! Or shrimp. Or BBQ. Or country food. Or.....whatever!:dude:

Cyklopz

imported post

I'm in KC right now but how about Ted's Montanna Grill in Hamburg? Good food, buffalo meat. Not sure if they are posted though. I could check this weekend.

Cy

zrukman

imported post

Ted's Montana grill works for me. I will be in that area on Friday so I will check to see if they have a no firearms sticker in the window. I wonder how theliberal Ted Turner wouldthink to have all those armed citizens in his establishment? :lol:I know I will feel safe. :cool:

superdemon

imported post

zrukman wrote:
Anyone up for an OC meeting in Lexington area? There are lots of libs in this area that need to be educated. I know the Christmas holidays are almost upon us so we can hold off until next year if needed.

Wow.

OC to prove a point/makea show/intentionally piss people off, and not to simply exercise a right.

It really makes me sad.

It's like I have always said...

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, stun 'em with stupidity."

Cyklopz

imported post

Its not about pissing people off, its about not allowing someone else to deny you a right.

Is it making a statement, yes it is. Any time we exercising a right we make a statement in favor of said right.

Is it about proving a point, yes it is. Any time you do anything it proves the point that you can do said thing, in this case exercising a right.

Are some people uncomfortable by others exercising this right, yes they are. I'm uncomfortable with some things as well but that does not mean others should never do them. It just means I choose not to do them. I CC and OC many times all by myself, does this mean I'm not making a statement or proving a point, not it does not. Its not just doing a thing with numbers of people or just doing it alone, It is simply excercising a right. For those people who are uncomfortable with weapons they may choose to never carry one or own one and that is fine...that is their RIGHT! For those of us who do choose to carry one or own one that is our right as well. Each side has to allow the other side their opinion and to excercise this right how they wish. As long as each side remains within the law there is no problem. We all have the right to disagree or be uncomfortable and those are rights that need "excercising" as much as any other!

Cy

Statesman

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Of course, we may be covered outside in the cold but remove coats once inside to eat. Somebody close run with that one. I'm wanting a steak or ribs in an awful way! Or shrimp. Or BBQ. Or country food. Or.....whatever!:dude:
I'm in. Texas Roadhouse has the best ribs in town!

This would be a great opportunity to print out and distribute the flyer that was sent out of KY OC a few months ago.

Statesman

imported post

superdemon wrote:
zrukman wrote:

Wow.

OC to prove a point/makea show/intentionally piss people off, and not to simply exercise a right.

It really makes me sad.

I think he was merely stating a fact. Liberals do need to be educated. :lol:

Cyklopz

imported post

Texas Road House would work for me. I'm home for the next two weeks then I'm back on the road off and on.

Cy

superdemon

imported post

Statesman wrote:
superdemon wrote:
zrukman wrote:

Wow.

It really makes me sad.

I think he was merely stating a fact. Liberals do need to be educated. :lol:

Right. No one, not me, you, or anyone else, is going to change their minds. All this is going to accomplish is to give them ammunition in their fight.

Consider OC a way of life, rather than some sort of protest, and you will get farther...

superdemon

imported post

Cyklopz wrote:
Its not about pissing people off, its about not allowing someone else to deny you a right.

Is it making a statement, yes it is. Any time we exercising a right we make a statement in favor of said right.

Is it about proving a point, yes it is. Any time you do anything it proves the point that you can do said thing, in this case exercising a right.

Are some people uncomfortable by others exercising this right, yes they are. I'm uncomfortable with some things as well but that does not mean others should never do them. It just means I choose not to do them. I CC and OC many times all by myself, does this mean I'm not making a statement or proving a point, not it does not. Its not just doing a thing with numbers of people or just doing it alone, It is simply excercising a right. For those people who are uncomfortable with weapons they may choose to never carry one or own one and that is fine...that is their RIGHT! For those of us who do choose to carry one or own one that is our right as well. Each side has to allow the other side their opinion and to excercise this right how they wish. As long as each side remains within the law there is no problem. We all have the right to disagree or be uncomfortable and those are rights that need "excercising" as much as any other!

Cy

What in the world are you talking about? The average liberal schmuck you run into on aisle 7 of wal-mart cannot, I reapeat, CANNOT do anything to take away your right to OC. The OP just wanted to walk around with a gun in grandiose fashion, waiting for someone to challenge him, so he could satisfy himself, and have another war story to tell...

It is, indeed sad.

I OC as a matter of utility, not as any type of "nya-nya-nya, you can't touch me" type deal.

chris in va

imported post

The average liberal schmuck you run into on aisle 7 of wal-mart cannot, I reapeat, CANNOT do anything to take away your right to OC.

Mmm hmm. What, they don't have hands to write their local officials about their horrible experience with a man brandishing (in their minds) a horrible instrument of DEATH that scared them and their small children so badly they had to immediately dial 911 and get the poor guy jacked up for doing nothing?

BTW this is a real event. Happened at a WalMart, probably not on aisle 7 though.Several WalMarts have implemented a no open carry rule and you will be asked to leave. Want me to get some sources?

superdemon

imported post

Someone else had this as a thread, and someone who worked at Wal-Mart said their policy is to mirror state law, so Wal-marts in KY should be ok with open carry. Now, each and every CSM on the floor may not be aware of it, but it should be so. If it has been changed, I am not aware of it.