• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad doggie....bad.

David.Car

imported post

Don't understand why the dog was still in the neighborhood... If it was not taken away after attacking the wife, it most DEFINITLY should have been put down after the second attack on the mailman.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Sounds like the shooter needs a little more range time.:D

Dogs can be very dangerous and it doesn't matter what breed they are. I've had to hunt down a feral pack that was killing livestock in the southern part of Alabama. I wouldn't let those things get closer to me than three hundred yards before I shot (using a borrowed .30 caliber rifle).

I would hate like the very devil to shoot someone's pet, but if it came to my family's safety, my neighbors' safety, and my safety, I would shoot.
Yup, me too. There are actually statutes on the books authorizing citizens to pursue dogs that have attacked people and "kill" them in my town. This statute circumvents the requirements of discharging a firearm within city limits outside the "legitimate self defense situations" required. So, you can hunt the dog down and shoot it no problem because it does not give a definition of the means of "killing" the dog in the statute.

However, to be on the safe side, I would most likely just break the dog's neck or strangle it to avoid ignorant authorities charging me with discharging a firearm within city limits for a non-self defense situation. It bugs me to no end how vague most of the laws are. You really are served up to the mercy of authorities and a jury when it comes to interpretation of the law in a great deal of cases. It's just a revenue generator as far as I'm concerned. The city and it's lawyers are literally banking on all of the law suites and chaos that ensue each and every year to pay their wages and keep the system going. Pathetic I tell ya, pathetic...

Kevin

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
snip....... I would most likely just break the dog's neck or strangle it to avoid ignorant authorities charging me with discharging a firearm within city limits for a non-self defense situation.
Good luck!

Yata hey

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
snip....... I would most likely just break the dog's neck or strangle it to avoid ignorant authorities charging me with discharging a firearm within city limits for a non-self defense situation.
Good luck!

Yata hey
Yeah, no kidding. Methinks I would be pretty torn up depending on the breed, aye? :)

Kevin

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Good luck!

Yata hey
Yeah, no kidding. Methinks I would be pretty torn up depending on the breed, aye? :)

Kevin
Four legs and a set of teeth generally beats two legs and a pair of hands unless the hand is preloaded with plenty of trump cards.

Yata hey